De Los Santos strong in 5-1 win over Stripers
(Allentown, Pa) - Enyel De Los Santos (3-2) pitched five shutout innings that helped set the tone in the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (31-30) 5-1 win over the Gwinnett Stripers (35-28) on Tuesday night at Coca-Cola Park.
The IronPigs took a 4-0 lead against Bryse Wilson (3-6) in the bottom of the first inning. Ali Castillo singled with one out then advanced to second base on a fielding error by Andres Blanco. Jan Hernandez reached on a fielder's choice to keep the inning alive with one out. Mitch Walding hit a two-run single that was followed by Damek Tomscha's two-run single. Both RBI's came with two outs.
Luke Leftwich, Tom Windle and Kyle Dohy proceeded to pitch scoreless innings in relief of De Los Santos. Walding homered off Rafael De Paula in the bottom of the eighth inning to give Lehigh Valley a 5-0 lead.
Ryan LaMarre hit an RBI single off Seth McGarry in the top of the ninth inning to give the Stripers their lone run of the game. Yacksel Rios recorded the final out of the game to earn his sixth save of the season.
The IronPigs and Stripers play at 7:05 p.m. on Wednesday at Coca-Cola Park.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Mets Offense Shines in 15-8 Victory over Knights - Syracuse Mets
- Rally Comes up Short at Durham - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tribe Blanked by Buffalo in Series Opener - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Blank Indy, 2-0, in Paulino's Return - Buffalo Bisons
- Lehigh Valley Stifles Gwinnett, 5-1 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Drop Wild Slugfest to Mets 15-8 - Charlotte Knights
- Aquino Extends Hit Streak in 3-2 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Hot Wings Edge Clippers 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Sturgeon, Tapia Lead PawSox to 3-2 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- De Los Santos strong in 5-1 win over Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Hutchison Helps RailRiders over Norfolk - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Fend off Mud Hens Rally - Durham Bulls
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Stratton Begins MLB Rehab Assignment with Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-26) vs. Buffalo Bisons (27-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Pawtucket Red Sox (26-36) at Louisville Bats (25-38) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Homestand Notes: June 11-16 - Louisville Bats
- Last Week Around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.