Stratton Begins MLB Rehab Assignment with Tribe
INDIANAPOLIS - Today the Pittsburgh Pirates announced that right-handed pitcher Chris Stratton will join the Indians at Victory Field to begin a major league rehab stint. This will mark Stratton's first International League action after spending his Triple-A career in the Pacific Coast League. The 28-year-old is the 11th player to appear for Indy on a rehab assignment this season.
Stratton was traded to the Pirates from Los Angeles (AL) on May 11 and went 1-0 with a 5.40 ERA (5er/8.1ip) in four relief appearances for Pittsburgh before enduring right side discomfort, landing him on the 10-day injured list on May 25. He went 10-10 with a 5.09 ERA (82er/145.0ip) and struck out a major league career-high 112 batters in 2018 with San Francisco in 28 appearances (26 starts). He threw the first complete-game shutout of his career on Sept. 14, 2018 against Colorado, allowing only two hits and striking out seven. Stratton was San Francisco's first-round draft pick in 2012 and made his major league debut with the Giants on May 30, 2016.
Stratton will wear No. 37 in an Indians uniform. Infielder Cole Tucker is also active on the Tribe roster today after being optioned by Pittsburgh on June 8, and right-handed reliever Dovydas Neverauskas was recalled to the big leagues.
Indianapolis' MLB rehab assignments are presented by Franciscan Health.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Mets Offense Shines in 15-8 Victory over Knights - Syracuse Mets
- Rally Comes up Short at Durham - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tribe Blanked by Buffalo in Series Opener - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Blank Indy, 2-0, in Paulino's Return - Buffalo Bisons
- Lehigh Valley Stifles Gwinnett, 5-1 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Drop Wild Slugfest to Mets 15-8 - Charlotte Knights
- Aquino Extends Hit Streak in 3-2 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Hot Wings Edge Clippers 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Sturgeon, Tapia Lead PawSox to 3-2 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- De Los Santos strong in 5-1 win over Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Hutchison Helps RailRiders over Norfolk - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Fend off Mud Hens Rally - Durham Bulls
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Stratton Begins MLB Rehab Assignment with Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-26) vs. Buffalo Bisons (27-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Pawtucket Red Sox (26-36) at Louisville Bats (25-38) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Homestand Notes: June 11-16 - Louisville Bats
- Last Week Around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Three-Run Sixth Dooms Tribe as Bisons Even Series
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (37-31) at Buffalo Bisons (32-36)
- Vieaux's Gem and Tribe's Two-Out Hitting Topples Buffalo
- Indians Split Father's Day Doubleheader
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (36-31) at Buffalo Bisons (32-35)