Big Seventh Inning Spurs Redbirds to 7-4 Win
RENO, Nevada - The Memphis Redbirds (27-37) scored seven unanswered runs Sunday afternoon in Reno, Nev., opening a 7-1 lead after six-and-a-half innings and securing a 7-4 victory in game three of the four-game series.
Each Memphis position player reached base at least once in the game. Rangel Ravelo and Adolis Garcia had three-hit, two-RBI games, and Edmundo Sosa, Drew Robinson, and Kramer Robertson contributed two-hit outings. Robinson also scored two runs.
The Redbirds had 14 hits in the game, matching their third-most in a contest this year.
After the Aces (27-36) scored in the bottom of the first inning, Joe Hudson tied the game in the top of the fifth with his sixth home run of the season. Garcia knocked an RBI double in the top of the sixth to give the Redbirds a 2-1 lead.
Memphis plated five runs in the decisive seventh inning, with Ravelo driving in two with a single, Tyler O'Neill doubling home a run, Garcia singling home a fourth run in the inning, and Robertson drawing a bases-loaded walk.
The Redbirds were thankful for the 7-1 lead as Reno scored two in the bottom of the eighth and another in the bottom of the ninth, but Chris Beck got a strikeout to end the game and strand the bases loaded.
Genesis Cabrera got the win with 5.0 innings of one-run work, and he struck out eight. He scattered six hits. The left-hander struck out the side in the fifth inning, which ended up being his final inning of action.
Anthony Shew followed Cabrera, allowing a pair of runs in 2.2 innings, and Beck tossed the last 1.1 innings of the game.
The only Memphis position player without a hit, Lane Thomas, drew two walks.
The Redbirds and Reno finish their four-game set tomorrow night at 9:05 (CT). Memphis' next home game is Wednesday at the start of a seven-game homestand.
Upcoming Games of Note at AutoZone Park
Wednesday, June 12 at 6:35: Woof Wednesday presented by Invisible Fence Brand of Memphis with dogs able to come to the stadium along with their parents
Thursday, June 13 at 7:05: Throwback Thursday presented by Polk's Meat Products featuring the Redbirds suiting up as the Memphis Chicks and throwback concession pricing of $2 beers and $1 Polk's hot dogs
Friday, June 14 at 7:05: All-You-Can-Eat Night specialty ticket presented by Dave & Buster's featuring an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet and a free $15 Dave & Buster's Power Card available at www.memphisredbirds.com/allyoucaneat
Saturday, June 15 at 6:35: Terminix Saturday Fireworks Show after the game
Sunday, June 16 at 2:05: Father's Day hamburger/hot dog buffet specialty ticket available at www.memphisredbirds.com/fathersday; kids and dads run the bases after the game; Prairie Farms Ice Cream Sunday (free ice cream for kids upon entering); pregame player autographs presented by Allegiant Air
For more information on the 2019 season, visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Thrice as Nice: Grizzlies' late comeback clips Dodgers 5-4 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies' Late Rally Sends Dodgers to 5-4 Defeat - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late-Inning Comeback Falls Short in 7-4 Loss - Reno Aces
- Maness, Benjamin Lead Sounds to Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Big Seventh Inning Spurs Redbirds to 7-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Bullpen Goes Four Scoreless Frames, Tacoma Falls to Nashville in Game Three - Tacoma Rainiers
- McGrath's Start Sets up Chihuahuas Win in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Top Chasers with 6-3 Extra-Inning Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Take Sunday Afternoon Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- Dunshee Shines on Mound, But Aviators Fall to Missions 4-1 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Come Back to Edge Express 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Missions Post 40th Win - San Antonio Missions
- Albuquerque Comes out Swinging, Hands Iowa Sixth Straight Loss - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats complete comeback in extras to win 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Rally Late to Beat 'Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Rout Cubs for Third Straight Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 9, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express OF Yordan Alvarez Promoted to Houston Astros - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (24-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (26-37) at Reno Aces (27-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Las Vegas Aviators - San Antonio Missions
- A Pro's Pro: Campbell Leads Way for Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.