Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (24-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-33)
Game #63: Nashville Sounds (24-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-33)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Seth Maness (3-1, 4.24) vs. LHP Anthony Misiewicz (2-2, 5.55)
First Pitch: 3:35 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Clear As Day: Nashville has two day games to finish out their road trip and series with Tacoma. The Sounds are 6-10 and are hitting .255 (128-for-501) with 21 home runs in such games. Pitching has struggled during the day, allowing a 6.87 ERA and a 1.70 WHIP.
Let's Get It Started: Nashville starters are doing well in the month of June. With Esmerling Vasquez throwing 5.0 shutout innings in his Sounds debut yesterday, Nashville starters are 2-1 with a 3.98 ERA (31.2 IP/14 ER) in seven starts in June. Relievers are 0-4 with a 6.67 ERA (29.2 IP/22 ER).
Ibáñez is up to Eight: Sounds infielder Andy Ibáñez has matched his season-high hitting streak of 8 games. It's the fourth time in 2019 that Ibáñez has put together a hitting streak of at least five games. Since the streak started on May 29, he's hitting .424 (14-for-33) with 10 runs scored, 3 doubles, 2 home run, 8 RBI, 5 walks and 1 stolen base.
What's the word around Nashville?
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
Esmerling Vasquez has 5 scoreless innings in his @nashvillesounds debut. He's at 78 pitches and likely done for the night. Still no score in Tacoma.
Chase d'Arnaud (@chasedarnaud)
Watch and listen to the perspective of Latin-American Pro Baseball Players: @migueldelpoz0 and Andy Ibáñez as they share how they grew up playing baseball in the Dominican Republic and Cuba. Watch full episode -> youtu.be/nPrdJIWxpAQ @Rangers @nashvillesounds @Watch_Momentum
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Speaking of Father's Day, how about getting dad a nice new pair of #Sounds socks?
All you have to do is add them to your cart when you get tickets to the June 16 game. Socks & baseball. The best Father's Day gift for your pop: atmilb.com/2ESxhc0
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Thrice as Nice: Grizzlies' late comeback clips Dodgers 5-4 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies' Late Rally Sends Dodgers to 5-4 Defeat - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late-Inning Comeback Falls Short in 7-4 Loss - Reno Aces
- Maness, Benjamin Lead Sounds to Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Big Seventh Inning Spurs Redbirds to 7-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Bullpen Goes Four Scoreless Frames, Tacoma Falls to Nashville in Game Three - Tacoma Rainiers
- McGrath's Start Sets up Chihuahuas Win in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Top Chasers with 6-3 Extra-Inning Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Take Sunday Afternoon Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- Dunshee Shines on Mound, But Aviators Fall to Missions 4-1 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Come Back to Edge Express 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Missions Post 40th Win - San Antonio Missions
- Albuquerque Comes out Swinging, Hands Iowa Sixth Straight Loss - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats complete comeback in extras to win 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Rally Late to Beat 'Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Rout Cubs for Third Straight Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 9, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express OF Yordan Alvarez Promoted to Houston Astros - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (24-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (26-37) at Reno Aces (27-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Las Vegas Aviators - San Antonio Missions
- A Pro's Pro: Campbell Leads Way for Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds' 2020 Holiday Bundle on Sale Now
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Announce Season Ticket Member Deposit Campaign for 2021 Season
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups