McGrath's Start Sets up Chihuahuas Win in Extras
El Paso starter Kyle McGrath pitched seven perfect innings in the Chihuahuas' 6-3 win over the Omaha Storm Chasers Sunday afternoon at Werner Park. Omaha's first baserunner came on a single to lead off the eighth inning. It was the closest the Chihuahuas have ever come to a no-hitter or perfect game. McGrath's seven perfect innings came exactly 13 years after the most recent no-hitter by the Padres' Triple-A affiliate, Portland's combined perfect game at Sacramento on June 9, 2006.
The Chihuahuas scored three times in the top of the 10th inning on an RBI single by Jose Pirela and a two-run home run by Aderlin Rodriguez, his first Triple-A homer.
The win moved El Paso's extra-inning record to 3-0, with all three extra-inning games coming on the road. The Chihuahuas scored once in the first and twice in the second Sunday and have had at least one run in the first or second inning in all six games of their current road trip.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-storm-chasers/2019/06/09/580011#game_state=final,game_tab=,game=580011
Team Records: El Paso (41-22), Omaha (31-33)
Next Game: Monday, 11:05 am at Werner Park. El Paso LHP Logan Allen (4-2, 4.99) vs. Omaha RHP Scott Blewitt (4-5, 6.41). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Thrice as Nice: Grizzlies' late comeback clips Dodgers 5-4 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies' Late Rally Sends Dodgers to 5-4 Defeat - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late-Inning Comeback Falls Short in 7-4 Loss - Reno Aces
- Maness, Benjamin Lead Sounds to Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Big Seventh Inning Spurs Redbirds to 7-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Bullpen Goes Four Scoreless Frames, Tacoma Falls to Nashville in Game Three - Tacoma Rainiers
- McGrath's Start Sets up Chihuahuas Win in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Top Chasers with 6-3 Extra-Inning Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Take Sunday Afternoon Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- Dunshee Shines on Mound, But Aviators Fall to Missions 4-1 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Come Back to Edge Express 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Missions Post 40th Win - San Antonio Missions
- Albuquerque Comes out Swinging, Hands Iowa Sixth Straight Loss - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats complete comeback in extras to win 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Rally Late to Beat 'Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Rout Cubs for Third Straight Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 9, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express OF Yordan Alvarez Promoted to Houston Astros - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (24-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (26-37) at Reno Aces (27-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Las Vegas Aviators - San Antonio Missions
- A Pro's Pro: Campbell Leads Way for Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations
- Announcement Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Chihuahuas to Host Father's Day Catch on the Field Presented by Bank of America
- El Paso Chihuahuas, El Paso Locomotive FC, and FC Juarez Bravos Announce Plan to Unify the Borderplex During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Chihuahuas, Locomotive & Southwest University Park Announce Partnership with Professional Sports Catering