Bees Take Sunday Afternoon Contest
The Salt Lake Bees used 10 extra-base hits to defeat the Round Rock Express 6-5 on Sunday afternoon.
After Round Rock got off to an early 3-0 lead in the first frame, the Bees could not capitalize on a no-out bases loaded opportunity in the first inning but tied the game in the second inning from RBI-doubles by Brennon Lund and Jose Rojas and plated another off a pickoff error. After the Express plated one run in the top of third, the Bees responded with a run of their own as Lund collected his second RBI-double of the game. Salt Lake broke the 4-4 tie in the sixth with a two-run home run from Matt Thaiss to give the Bees a 6-4 lead. Max Herrmann (1-1) earned his first win of the season after tossing four innings and Simon Mathews recorded his first save with three innings in relief, allowing a single run.
Bees bats logged 13 hits, including eight doubles, a triple and a home run on the afternoon. Taylor Ward led the team with three doubles, while Lund and Bour added a pair of two baggers. All nine Salt Lake batters reached base safely during the game with six reaching multiple times.
The Bees finish the homestand on Monday night against the Express with first pitch coming at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Thrice as Nice: Grizzlies' late comeback clips Dodgers 5-4 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies' Late Rally Sends Dodgers to 5-4 Defeat - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late-Inning Comeback Falls Short in 7-4 Loss - Reno Aces
- Maness, Benjamin Lead Sounds to Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Big Seventh Inning Spurs Redbirds to 7-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Bullpen Goes Four Scoreless Frames, Tacoma Falls to Nashville in Game Three - Tacoma Rainiers
- McGrath's Start Sets up Chihuahuas Win in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Top Chasers with 6-3 Extra-Inning Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Take Sunday Afternoon Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- Dunshee Shines on Mound, But Aviators Fall to Missions 4-1 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Come Back to Edge Express 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Missions Post 40th Win - San Antonio Missions
- Albuquerque Comes out Swinging, Hands Iowa Sixth Straight Loss - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats complete comeback in extras to win 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Rally Late to Beat 'Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Rout Cubs for Third Straight Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 9, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express OF Yordan Alvarez Promoted to Houston Astros - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (24-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (26-37) at Reno Aces (27-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Las Vegas Aviators - San Antonio Missions
- A Pro's Pro: Campbell Leads Way for Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.