Bullpen Goes Four Scoreless Frames, Tacoma Falls to Nashville in Game Three
Tacoma, WA - Right-handers Nick Rumbelow and Darin Gillies combined for four scoreless innings to end Sunday's contest at Cheney Stadium, but the Tacoma Rainiers dropped their fourth-straight game against the Nashville Sounds, 3-0.
Anthony Misiewicz (2-3) made the start for Tacoma (30-34) and surrendered three runs, including two home runs, but struck out four Nashville (25-38) hitters across five innings before Rumbelow entered to start the sixth.
Rumbelow struck out three across three shutout frames and Gillies delivered a 1-2-3 ninth that included a pair of punch outs.
Offensively, Tacoma totaled five hits in the contest, including Ian Miller's PCL-best 22nd double. Austin Nola finished 1-for-2 and drew a pair of walks in the defeat and second baseman Dee Gordon collected a single for the third consecutive game of his rehab assignment.
The four-game losing streak marks Tacoma's longest of the campaign.
The Rainiers will wrap their seven-day homestand against Nashville on Sunday at Cheney Stadium. First pitch will be at 11:35 am PDT as Jon Niese (3-1, 5.06) gets the nod from manager Daren Brown. Mike Curto will have full coverage of on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Thrice as Nice: Grizzlies' late comeback clips Dodgers 5-4 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies' Late Rally Sends Dodgers to 5-4 Defeat - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late-Inning Comeback Falls Short in 7-4 Loss - Reno Aces
- Maness, Benjamin Lead Sounds to Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Big Seventh Inning Spurs Redbirds to 7-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Bullpen Goes Four Scoreless Frames, Tacoma Falls to Nashville in Game Three - Tacoma Rainiers
- McGrath's Start Sets up Chihuahuas Win in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Top Chasers with 6-3 Extra-Inning Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Take Sunday Afternoon Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- Dunshee Shines on Mound, But Aviators Fall to Missions 4-1 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Come Back to Edge Express 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Missions Post 40th Win - San Antonio Missions
- Albuquerque Comes out Swinging, Hands Iowa Sixth Straight Loss - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats complete comeback in extras to win 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Rally Late to Beat 'Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Rout Cubs for Third Straight Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 9, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express OF Yordan Alvarez Promoted to Houston Astros - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (24-38) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (26-37) at Reno Aces (27-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Las Vegas Aviators - San Antonio Missions
- A Pro's Pro: Campbell Leads Way for Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Rainiers Continue Championship Chase with 10-8 Series-Opening Win at El Paso (Magic # Is 3)
- Taylor Trammell's No-Doubt Walk-Off 3-Run Homer Continues Rainiers Run to Championship
- Tacoma Sweeps Sacramento in Monday Doubleheader, Inching Closer to Title
- Sunday's Rainiers Game at Cheney Stadium Postponed by Power Outage
- Rainiers Stun Sacramento on Saturday with Hanson's Three-Run Homer in Eighth