Memphis, Round Rock Combine for Six Home Runs in 9-7
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Redbirds and Round Rock Express (Rangers) combined for six home runs in the series opener Thursday night at AutoZone Park, and it was a five-run Express ninth inning, thanks in part to two long balls, that spurred them to a 9-7 win. Paul DeJong, Patrick Wisdom, and Harrison Bader went deep for the Redbirds (10-11), and Jared Hoying hit two for Round Rock (11-10) with Brett Nicholas adding another. DeJong and Wisdom went back-to-back in the second inning for...
Paid Partner Content
- Dodgers call up top prospect Cody Bellinger to help outfield
- Dodgers journal: Justin Masterson looks like old self in win
- Tony Gwynn Jr. follows dad in brewing as well as baseball
- David Ramsey: Sky Sox's future in Colorado Springs remains highly hazy
- Colorado Springs Sky Sox off to best 12-game start in franchise history