Wolves Fall to Roadrunners 5-1
The Chicago Wolves made the penultimate stop on their season-long, six-game road trip when they faced the Tucson Roadrunners on Tuesday night in Arizona.
Jamieson Rees scored for the Wolves, but it wasn't enough as the Roadrunners prevailed 5-1 behind two goals from Cameron Hebig and one each from Michael Carcone, Ryan McGregor and Laurent Dauphin. Tucson goaltender Tyler Parks made 27 saves to help snap the Wolves' two-game winning streak.
The game was scoreless until late in the second period when Hebig scored and the Roadrunners made it 3-0 midway through the third on goals by Carcone and McGregor.
With the Wolves on the power play later in the third, Rees halted Parks' shutout bid when the center redirected a shot from the point by Anttoni Honka for his eighth goal of the season. Noel Gunler also earned an assist on the play.
Tucson kept coming and put the game away on scores from Dauphin and Hebig.
Pyotr Kochetkov (34 saves) suffered the loss in goal for the Wolves while Parks earned the win for Tucson.
The Wolves dropped to 14-19-3-1 on the season while Tucson improved to 17-19-4-0.
Up next: The Wolves will face the Roadrunners on Wednesday in Tucson (7:30 p.m.; AHLTV).
Media interested in covering the 2022 Calder Cup champion Wolves during the 2022-23 season should contact Wolves Director of Public Relations, Chris Kuc.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2023
- Wolves Fall to Roadrunners 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Can't Come from Behind in Utica Restart - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Defeat Penguins in Long Awaited Makeup Game, 5-1 - Utica Comets
- Series Preview vs. SJ: January 25 & 27 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Teddy Bear Toss Returns Following Games with Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Matt Luff Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins Travel to Milwaukee, Chicago to Begin Road Trip - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Has Busy Week Ahead to Close out January - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Celebrate Local Legend Michael Stanley on Saturday at Cleveland Rocks Night - Cleveland Monsters
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Star Wars Night Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 14 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Military Appreciation Ticket Packages Available Now - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers' Gilbert, Canucks' Kannok Leipert Suspended - AHL
- Join the Stars for Star Wars Night - Texas Stars
- Hometown Heroes Night Has Sold Out - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Milos Kelemen Recalled by Arizona Coyotes - Tucson Roadrunners
- Dallas Stars Loan Forward Fredrik Olofsson to Texas - Texas Stars
- New York Rangers Recall F Will Cuylle, Loan F Sammy Blais to Wolf Pack on Conditioning Stint - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild vs. Rockford IceHogs - Iowa Wild
- Toronto Marlies Visit Abbotsford Canucks in First Half of Back-To-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Tommy Nappier Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game #40 - Wolves at Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bruins Buzz - January 24 - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Headed for Weekday Wild Match Up - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.