Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO
HARTFORD: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed defenseman Matt Finn to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement.
Finn, who is in his fifth year of pro hockey out of the Ontario Hockey League, comes to the Wolf Pack from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL. He has skated in 26 games this season for the Everblades, scoring nine goals and adding nine assists for 18 points, while going +10 and serving 12 minutes in penalties. The 6-1, 205-pound Finn has also seen action in four AHL games with the Grand Rapids Griffins this year, registering one goal and one minor penalty.
Last season, the 24-year-old Finn had one assist and eight penalty minutes in seven AHL games with the Charlotte Checkers, and three assists and 18 PIM in eight appearances with the Everblades.
In 74 career AHL games with the Griffins, Checkers, Toronto Marlies and Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the Toronto-born Finn has totaled eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points, plus 67 penalty minutes. In 115 ECHL contests with the Everblades, Orlando Solar Bears and Missouri Mavericks, he has amassed 28 goals and 40 assists for 68 points, along with 70 PIM.
Prior to turning pro, Finn, who was a second-round draft pick (35th overall) by Toronto in the 2012 NHL Draft, played four seasons in the OHL with the Guelph Storm. He scored 38 goals and added 123 assists for 161 points, and served 147 minutes in penalties, in 228 career OHL contests.
MATT FINN'S AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL RECORD
Regular Season Playoffs
Year Team Lge. GP G A PTS PIM GP G A Pts. PIM
2010-11 Guelph OHL 60 3 18 21 23 5 0 3 3 0
2011-12 Guelph OHL 61 10 38 48 58 6 0 2 2 10
2012-13 Guelph OHL 41 11 20 31 24 -- -- -- -- --
2013-14 Guelph OHL 66 14 47 61 42 20 5 9 14 6
2014-15 Toronto AHL 28 1 2 3 24 -- -- -- -- --
Orlando ECHL 8 1 1 2 4 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Bridgeport AHL 33 6 8 14 33 2 0 0 0 0
Missouri ECHL 20 7 6 13 13 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Bridgeport AHL 2 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --
Missouri ECHL 53 11 21 32 23 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 Florida ECHL 8 0 3 3 18 -- -- -- -- --
Charlotte AHL 7 0 1 1 8 -- -- -- -- --
2018-19 Grand Rapids AHL 4 1 0 1 2
Florida ECHL 26 9 9 18 12
The Wolf Pack's next game is tomorrow night, Saturday, February 16, when they head to Bridgeport to take on the Sound Tigers. Faceoff is 7:00 PM, and all of the action can be heard live on News Radio 1410 AM, and 100.9 FM, WPOP, and on-line at www.newsradio1410.com and iHeartRadio. Video streaming is available at theahl.com/AHLTV.
The Wolf Pack are next on home ice this Sunday, February 17, hosting the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 3:00 PM. That is another chance to take advantage of the Wolf Pack's "Click It or Ticket Family Value Pack", which includes two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas, all for just $40.
Tickets for all 2018-19 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $13 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
Season ticket information for the Wolf Pack's 2018-19 AHL season can be found on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. To speak with a representative about all of the Wolf Pack's many attractive ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Roadrunners Stymied by Stars in 2-0 Shutout Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Blank Roadrunners in 2-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Hats off to Megan in Griffins' Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Snap Losing Streak with 4-3 Victory over Devils - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blanked by Crunch 1-0, Drop Third Straight - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Scores OT Winner for Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Goosed by the Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula, Lorito and St. Denis each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Megan Hat Trick Snaps Rampage Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Point Streak Hits 11 - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Stomp Springfield 4-1 to Start Busy Weekend - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Clip Senators in Shootout, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Marlies 3-1 in 2nd Meeting - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Shutout Americans, 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Win Streak Ends in 4-3 Loss to Laval - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Fall to First-Place Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Thunderbirds Host Checkers, Marlies to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Recall Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Joel L'Esperance - Texas Stars
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Launch Heat365 Referral Program - Stockton Heat
- Game #46 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Cannata, Anderson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Forney Reassigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Marlies Set for Friday Night Tilt in Providence - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds to Welcome Two-Time New England Patriots Super Bowl Champion Trey Flowers on March 2nd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Gear up for Three-Game Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 15 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.