Thunderbirds to Welcome Two-Time New England Patriots Super Bowl Champion Trey Flowers on March 2nd
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced on Friday that they will be welcoming defensive end Trey Flowers of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots on Saturday, March 2, when the Thunderbirds host the Providence Bruins, presented by King Ward Coach Lines.
"We're very excited to have Trey Flowers in Springfield," said Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa. "The New England Patriots have put together one of the most incredible runs in sports history, and this night will serve as Western Massachusetts' chance to congratulate and celebrate Trey and the team's achievements."
The 25-year-old Flowers captured his second championship in three seasons as New England defeated the Los Angeles Rams, 13-3 in Super Bowl LIII on Feb. 3 in Atlanta. It was the Patriots' sixth Super Bowl championship since 2001. Flowers racked up 7.5 sacks during the 2018 regular season and added two more in the postseason. In just nine career playoff games, Flowers has 39 tackles and 5.5 sacks.
Flowers will be on hand at the MassMutual Center for a meet-and-greet on the concourse beginning at 6:00 p.m. Fans will have the opportunity to get a photo taken with the two-time Super Bowl champion on a first-come, first-served basis. Fans are advised that autographs will not be permitted. Throughout the evening, Flowers will also be incorporated into the game-night presentation, including pre-game and intermission activities.
Fans can reserve their tickets to the game. For more information on Trey Flowers' appearance, questions can be directed to the Thunderbirds front office at (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Roadrunners Stymied by Stars in 2-0 Shutout Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Blank Roadrunners in 2-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Hats off to Megan in Griffins' Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Snap Losing Streak with 4-3 Victory over Devils - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blanked by Crunch 1-0, Drop Third Straight - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Scores OT Winner for Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Goosed by the Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula, Lorito and St. Denis each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Megan Hat Trick Snaps Rampage Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Point Streak Hits 11 - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Stomp Springfield 4-1 to Start Busy Weekend - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Clip Senators in Shootout, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Marlies 3-1 in 2nd Meeting - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Shutout Americans, 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Win Streak Ends in 4-3 Loss to Laval - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Fall to First-Place Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Thunderbirds Host Checkers, Marlies to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Recall Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Joel L'Esperance - Texas Stars
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Launch Heat365 Referral Program - Stockton Heat
- Game #46 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Cannata, Anderson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Forney Reassigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Marlies Set for Friday Night Tilt in Providence - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds to Welcome Two-Time New England Patriots Super Bowl Champion Trey Flowers on March 2nd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Gear up for Three-Game Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 15 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- T-Birds Visit Penguins & Devils in 2-Game Weekend
- T-Birds' A+ Defensive Efforts Rewarded in School Day Game Victory
- Thunderbirds Host 3rd Annual T-Birds 101 School Day Game
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds
- T-Birds Snatch Victory Late in Charlotte to Earn Series Split