Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 15
The Belleville Senators will to continue to build on its 10-game point streak when the Cleveland Monsters visit town tonight.
Belleville (25-23-2-3) beat Syracuse for the first time this season Wednesday and now trail Toronto by only three points for the final North Division playoff spot although the Marlies have played three fewer games than the Sens. Belleville's 169 goals are tied for the third most in the division.
Cleveland (23-21-5-1) sits a spot below the Sens in the standings and trail Belleville by three points but also have three games in hand.
Belleville is 15-8-0-1 at CAA Arena this season while the Monsters hold a 12-11-1-1 record away from home.
The Sens lost forward Darren Archibald and defenceman Cody Goloubef to Ottawa Thursday.
With Filip Gustavsson still in Ottawa, expect Marcus Hogberg to start tonight for Belleville.
Jim O'Brien, Boston Leier, Andrew Sturtz, Stuart Percy, Justin Falk and Morgan Klimchuk are out for Belleville.
This is only the fourth meeting all-time between the two teams with Belleville holding a 1-2 record. The home team has won all three games so far this year with the Sens winning the last match-up Jan. 9 3-2.
Who to watch
Nick Paul had the game-winner Wednesday night against Syracuse and while he's not seeing the points that Drake Batherson and Logan Brown are, Paul has been instrumental in their success on the Sens' top line. He has 17 points (six goals) in 20 games this season.
Adam Clendening leads all Cleveland d-men in scoring with 27 points in 30 games this season. He's also played four games with Columbus.
Where to watch
Friday's game starts at 7:00pm and can also be seen on AHLTV. Fans can also watch tonight's contest at Shoeless Joe's in Belleville.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with David Foot on the call and Paul Svoboda on colour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Roadrunners Stymied by Stars in 2-0 Shutout Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Blank Roadrunners in 2-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Hats off to Megan in Griffins' Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Snap Losing Streak with 4-3 Victory over Devils - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blanked by Crunch 1-0, Drop Third Straight - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Scores OT Winner for Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Goosed by the Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula, Lorito and St. Denis each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Megan Hat Trick Snaps Rampage Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Point Streak Hits 11 - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Stomp Springfield 4-1 to Start Busy Weekend - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Clip Senators in Shootout, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Marlies 3-1 in 2nd Meeting - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Shutout Americans, 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Win Streak Ends in 4-3 Loss to Laval - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Fall to First-Place Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Thunderbirds Host Checkers, Marlies to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Recall Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Joel L'Esperance - Texas Stars
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Launch Heat365 Referral Program - Stockton Heat
- Game #46 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Cannata, Anderson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Forney Reassigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Marlies Set for Friday Night Tilt in Providence - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds to Welcome Two-Time New England Patriots Super Bowl Champion Trey Flowers on March 2nd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Gear up for Three-Game Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 15 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.