Sens Point Streak Hits 11
The Belleville Senators saw its point streak hit 11 in a 2-1 shootout loss to the Cleveland Monsters Friday night at CAA Arena.
Belleville's goal came from Christian Wolanin while Marcus Hogberg turned away 29 shots. Cleveland's Nikita Korostelev scored in regulation and the shootout winner while Jean-Francois Berube made 20 saves.
The Monsters opened the scoring at 3:28 as with Francois Beauchemin in the box, Korostelev changed the direction of Sam Vigneault's shot from the left wing as the puck slipped past Hogberg for the Russian's second goal of the season.
Belleville had the lone goal of the second through d-man Wolanin as after Erik Burgdoerfer fired wide from the point Wolanin passed an opportunity to shoot at a half-open goal to attempt a wraparound that he converted for his sixth of the season.
Berube robbed Francois Beauchemin with an outstanding glove save early in the third off of Daniel Ciampini's centering pass on an odd-man rush before Burgdoerfer rang the post from the left faceoff circle midway through the frame.
Adam Tambellini opened the scoring in the shootout but Cleveland tied it immediately through Mark Letestu before Korostelev sealed the win in the second round.
Sens forward Jim O'Brien made his season debut after missing the first 53 games of the season through injury. Drake Batherson saw his 10-game point streak snapped,
The Sens and Monsters clash again Saturday at CAA Arena. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Roadrunners Stymied by Stars in 2-0 Shutout Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Blank Roadrunners in 2-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Hats off to Megan in Griffins' Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Snap Losing Streak with 4-3 Victory over Devils - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blanked by Crunch 1-0, Drop Third Straight - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Scores OT Winner for Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Goosed by the Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula, Lorito and St. Denis each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Megan Hat Trick Snaps Rampage Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Point Streak Hits 11 - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Stomp Springfield 4-1 to Start Busy Weekend - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Clip Senators in Shootout, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Marlies 3-1 in 2nd Meeting - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Shutout Americans, 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Win Streak Ends in 4-3 Loss to Laval - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Fall to First-Place Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Thunderbirds Host Checkers, Marlies to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Recall Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Joel L'Esperance - Texas Stars
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Launch Heat365 Referral Program - Stockton Heat
- Game #46 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Cannata, Anderson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Forney Reassigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Marlies Set for Friday Night Tilt in Providence - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds to Welcome Two-Time New England Patriots Super Bowl Champion Trey Flowers on March 2nd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Gear up for Three-Game Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 15 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.