Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Friday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, recalled forward Kole Sherwood from the Monsters. In 34 appearances for Cleveland this season, Sherwood contributed 11-3-14 with 42 penalty minutes and a -4 rating and added 1-0-1 with four penalty minutes and a +2 rating in three ECHL appearances for the Jacksonville IceMen.
A 6'1", 202 lb. right-handed native of Columbus, OH, Sherwood, 22, contributed 11-3-14 with 44 penalty minutes and a -4 rating in 36 career AHL appearances for Cleveland spanning parts of the 2016-17 and 2018-19 seasons. Prior to his professional career, Sherwood tallied 75-104-179 with 169 penalty minutes and a +33 rating in 180 OHL appearances for the London Knights, Flint Firebirds and Kitchener Rangers spanning three seasons from 2015-18 and helped London claim the 2015-16 OHL Championship. In three appearences for the USHL's Youngstown Phantoms during the 2014-15 campaign, Sherwood notched 1-1-2 with a +2 rating.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the Belleville Senators with full coverage, live from CAA Arena in Belleville, ON, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters Holiday Packs are on sale now and include exclusive Monsters Holiday socks, a Monsters snow globe and equal number of Disney on Ice tickets at The Q! Holiday Packs start as low as $54 and can be purchased today by visiting www.clevelandmonsters.com/holiday or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Roadrunners Stymied by Stars in 2-0 Shutout Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Blank Roadrunners in 2-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Hats off to Megan in Griffins' Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Snap Losing Streak with 4-3 Victory over Devils - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blanked by Crunch 1-0, Drop Third Straight - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Scores OT Winner for Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Goosed by the Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula, Lorito and St. Denis each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Megan Hat Trick Snaps Rampage Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Point Streak Hits 11 - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Stomp Springfield 4-1 to Start Busy Weekend - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Clip Senators in Shootout, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Marlies 3-1 in 2nd Meeting - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Shutout Americans, 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Win Streak Ends in 4-3 Loss to Laval - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Fall to First-Place Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Thunderbirds Host Checkers, Marlies to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Recall Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Joel L'Esperance - Texas Stars
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Launch Heat365 Referral Program - Stockton Heat
- Game #46 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Cannata, Anderson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Forney Reassigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Marlies Set for Friday Night Tilt in Providence - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds to Welcome Two-Time New England Patriots Super Bowl Champion Trey Flowers on March 2nd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Gear up for Three-Game Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 15 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract