Devils Win Streak Ends in 4-3 Loss to Laval
BINGHAMTON - The Binghamton Devils fell into a 3-0 deficit and were unable to come back in an eventual 4-3 loss to the visiting Laval Rocket. With the victory, Laval ended a seven game losing streak.
After no scoring for over half of the first period, Alexandre Alain put the Rocket on the board with a rebound goal. Alain lifted the puck up and over goaltender Cam Johnson following the original save to give Laval a 1-0 lead at 12:37 with assists from Xavier Ouellet and Daniel Audette.
The Rocket made the Devils pay following a turnover in the defensive zone to jump out to a 2-0 lead. Alexandre Grenier took a turnover and ripped a shot over the left shoulder of Cam Johnson for a two-goal lead, unassisted, at 14:11. Binghamton trailed by two goals after one period and the Rocket had a 13-7 shot advantage.
In the second period, Alex Belzille stole the puck from Binghamton's Ryan Murphy and beat Johnson around the left leg pad for a 3-0 lead at 5:33, unassisted.
The comeback started on the power play as John Quenneville fired in his 14th of the year from the top of the left wing circle. The goal was assisted by Egor Yakovlev and Murphy with 9:30 left in the second period and the Devils trailed 3-1.
Colton White's power-play goal pulled the Devils back within one with just under two seconds left in the second. White held the puck in at the left point and fired a shot off the iron and in for his sixth of the year, unassisted. The Devils trailed by one to start the third period and also trailed in shots 18-13 through 40 minutes.
Late in the third period, Johnson came to the bench for the extra attacker and Audette immediately put in the empty-net goal for a 4-2 Rocket lead with 1:12 remaining.
Quenneville got one back for Binghamton with just 20 seconds left, but, Laval was able to hang on in the end for a 4-3 victory to end a seven game losing streak.
The Binhamton Devils return home tomorrow night in a rematch against the Laval Rocket at 7:05 p.m. It's the annual Heart Cup Game. Come watch Police and Fire Departments battle on the ice at 4:30 p.m. and get a special $16 ticket to the game that night to benefit American Heart Association. Call or text "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Binghamton Devils full season memberships are now available for the 2019-20 season! Get great benefits such as FREE New Jersey Devils NHL tickets,exclusive access to Devils players, a brand new referral program, gift cards, and much more! For information on becoming a member, text "MEMBER" to 607-722-7367.
For more information, including pricing, group outings, taking a limo to the game, fan experiences, and much more, visit www.binghamtondevils.com or call the Devils front office at 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils battle the Laval Rocket
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Roadrunners Stymied by Stars in 2-0 Shutout Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Blank Roadrunners in 2-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Hats off to Megan in Griffins' Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Snap Losing Streak with 4-3 Victory over Devils - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blanked by Crunch 1-0, Drop Third Straight - Rochester Americans
- T.J. Brennan Scores OT Winner for Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Goosed by the Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula, Lorito and St. Denis each score in overtime loss on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Megan Hat Trick Snaps Rampage Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Point Streak Hits 11 - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Stomp Springfield 4-1 to Start Busy Weekend - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Clip Senators in Shootout, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Defeat Marlies 3-1 in 2nd Meeting - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Shutout Americans, 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Win Streak Ends in 4-3 Loss to Laval - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds Fall to First-Place Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for March 10 - San Jose Barracuda
- Thunderbirds Host Checkers, Marlies to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Recall Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Joel L'Esperance - Texas Stars
- Flames Recall Curtis Lazar from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Launch Heat365 Referral Program - Stockton Heat
- Game #46 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Cannata, Anderson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Forney Reassigned to Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Marlies Set for Friday Night Tilt in Providence - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds to Welcome Two-Time New England Patriots Super Bowl Champion Trey Flowers on March 2nd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Gear up for Three-Game Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 15 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.