Wolf Pack Return Pratt to Mariners
PORTLAND, ME - The Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) returned defenseman Derek Pratt from loan to the Maine Mariners on Tuesday. Pratt had been summoned to Hartford on Thursday, which at the time left the Mariners with just six defensemen on the roster. Now, with the recent acquisition of Blake Kessel and Pratt's return, the Mariners are eight defensemen deep.
Pratt, a 24-year-old from Mount Hermon, MA was in training camp with Hartford and was on the roster for the Rangers at the annual Traverse City Prospects Tournament in September, but has played exclusively for the Mariners in the regular season. In 44 games with Maine, Pratt has two goals and 11 assists. In his last action with the Mariners, he scored the game-tying goal with two minutes remaining in regulation to help the Mariners pull off an improbable comeback win over Worcester on February 13th.
Pratt did not see game action with the Wolf Pack while on loan.
The Mariners are in the midst of a five game road trip, playing tomorrow night in Reading at 7:00 PM. They will then visit Adirondack and Manchester over the weekend. The next home game is Sunday, February 24th at 3:00 PM against the Worcester Railers. A full team autograph session will follow the game. Single game tickets can be purchased at MarinersofMaine.com or by visiting or calling the Trusted Choice Box Office: 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2019
- Klima's Two Goals Push Admirals Past Stingrays - Norfolk Admirals
- Besse Tallies Three Points in Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Weekly: Stretch of Four Straight on Road Starts in Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Bajkov Recalled to AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Reassign Otto Somppi to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Announces Three Separate Transactions - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Acquire Cammarata from Wichita - Maine Mariners
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Defenseman Ivan Chukarov - Worcester Railers HC
- Fuel Come up Short in Education Day Loss to Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Messner Recalled by P-Bruins, McMartin Signed - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Set to Host Law Enforcement Appreciation Night this Weekend - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads Host Marvel Super Hero Night This Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Snaps Losing Skid in Indy - Wichita Thunder
- SmileDirect Club Named Presenting Sponsor of 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Wolf Pack Return Pratt to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Worcester's Buitenhuis Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Railers Goaltender Evan Buitenhuis Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for February 11-17 - Worcester Railers HC
- Goaltender Evan Cormier Returns on Loan to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Mariners Stories
- Mariners Weekly: Home Cookin' Ahead
- Mariners Rally from Three Goals Down But Run out of Gas in Reading
- Mariners Spoil Reading Royals Home Opener with 5-3 Win
- Mariners Gain First Point of Season in Shootout Loss to Worcester
- Mariners Help Launch Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award