Railers Goaltender Evan Buitenhuis Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for February 11-17
WORCESTER, MA- The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC Head Coach and General Manager Jamie Russell (@JamieRusell18) has announced goaltender Evan Buitenhuis has been selected as the CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of Feb. 11-17.
Buitenhuis went 2-0-0 with a 1.09 goals-against average and a save percentage of .973 in three appearances last week.
The 26-year-old stopped made 34 saves in a 6-2 win at Allen on Friday, stopped all 47 shots he faced in a 1-0 win at Tulsa on Saturday to post his first professional shutout, and stopped 30 of the 31 shots he faced in a relief effort on Sunday in a 6-3 loss to Oilers.
Under an American Hockey League contract with Bridgeport, Buitenhuis is 9-8-4 in 25 appearances with the Railers this season and leads the ECHL with a .931 save percentage while ranking second in the league with a 2.20 goals-against average.
Prior to turning pro, Buitenhuis played four seasons at Hamilton College, where he appeared in 68 career games and went 39-16-12 with 10 shutouts, a 1.67 goals-against average and a save percentage of .944.
What's on tap - ROAD TRIP!
The Railers season long seven game road trip continues Wednesday, Feb 20 with a 7pm (ET) faceoff in Manchester, NH vs. the Monarchs. Coverage begins at 6:35pm (ET) on 98.9 NASH Icon.
The Railers Tavern located behind the DCU Center provides hockey fans with a great pregame and postgame atmosphere all season long. Watch all road games broadcast live at Nonna's (FRI, SAT, SUN) or Railers Tavern (MON-THU) or watch on ECHLTV.com for a small fee. Listen to all Railers games live on 98.9 Nash ICON with coverage beginning 30 minutes before puck drop with Eric Lindquist and Tom Matthews. Full season memberships, mini plans, and group tickets are on sale now by calling the Railers front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2019
- Klima's Two Goals Push Admirals Past Stingrays - Norfolk Admirals
- Besse Tallies Three Points in Loss to Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Weekly: Stretch of Four Straight on Road Starts in Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Bajkov Recalled to AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Reassign Otto Somppi to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Announces Three Separate Transactions - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Acquire Cammarata from Wichita - Maine Mariners
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Defenseman Ivan Chukarov - Worcester Railers HC
- Fuel Come up Short in Education Day Loss to Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Messner Recalled by P-Bruins, McMartin Signed - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Set to Host Law Enforcement Appreciation Night this Weekend - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads Host Marvel Super Hero Night This Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Snaps Losing Skid in Indy - Wichita Thunder
- SmileDirect Club Named Presenting Sponsor of 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Wolf Pack Return Pratt to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Worcester's Buitenhuis Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Railers Goaltender Evan Buitenhuis Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for February 11-17 - Worcester Railers HC
- Goaltender Evan Cormier Returns on Loan to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Railers Battle Back But Come up Short in 7-4 Home Loss to Monarchs
- Railers Leap Frog into Playoff Spot After 5-3 Home Win over Mariners
- Railers Kick off Weekend with the Right Stuff in 5-2 Win in Manchester
- Worcester Railers HC Sign a Pair of Players from Holy Cross
- Worcester Railers HC Have Promotion Packed St. Patrick's Day Weekend at DCU Center