Winless Streak Hits Three For Bridgeport
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Sound Tigers lost their second straight game of the new year, falling 7-4 to the Albany Devils Saturday night at Webster Bank Arena.
The Sound Tigers fell behind early in the contest from a goal on a wicked snap shot by Albany's Paul Thomson, but would tie the game later in the frame.
Harry Zolniercyzk got the Sound Tigers on the board off of a nice feed from Alan Quine. After receiving the puck, Zolnierczyk made an excellent move and knocked the puck past Albany netminder Maxime Clermont.
The game continued to swing back and forth, with the Devils taking the lead and the Sound Tigers continuing to tie it up. Just over a minute after Albany's David Wohlberg scored, Bridgeport's Griffin Reinhart walked untouched into the slot and ripped a shot past Clermont.
However, after the Devils scored to make the game 3-2, the floodgates seemed to open. The Devils scored twice more in a row to make the game into a 5-2 affair, but the Sound Tigers battled back.
Kael Mouillierat scored a goal on a nice tic-tac-toe passing-play from Colin McDonald and Aaron Ness to cut the lead to two, and Quine scored a power-play goal with 0.8 seconds left to bring the score to 5-4 with one period to go.
The Sound Tigers had a number of good chances to tie the game up in the final frame, but Albany's Chris McKelvie put the game away for good with an insurance marker halfway through the period.
Bridgeport's Scooter Vaughan would try to get the team going by getting into a fight with Albany's Dan Kelly late in the game, but to no avail.
Bridgeport netminder David Leggio finished the game with 23 saves in the loss, while Clermont made 28 for the win.
The Sound Tigers return to action tomorrow afternoon with a 3:00 game against Albany in the second half of a back-to-back series. It's Star Wars Day at Webster Bank Arena, as fans are encouraged to wear Star Wars costumes to the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2015
- Admirals Stop Dogs, Snap Skid - Milwaukee Admirals
- Leighton Slams Door Shut on Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Grab Two Points Despite Losses to Phantoms - Norfolk Admirals
- Falcons Slip Past Sharks, 4-3, in Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- Winless Streak Hits Three For Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rockford Spoils Sopel's Night - Chicago Wolves
- Marchessault Nets OT Winner, Blunden Draws - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Top Bulldogs 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms Go Extra-Time to Win....Again - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- B-Sens' Comeback Falls Short, Lose 5-4 in OT - Binghamton Senators
- Szwarz Nets SO Goal, McKenna Shuts out Bruins - Portland Pirates
- Sharks Stumble Late in 4-3 Shootout Loss in Springfield - Worcester Sharks
- Barons Win 7th Straight, 5-2 over Lake Erie - Oklahoma City Barons
- Checkers' Skid Continues with 4-1 Trouncing by Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks Come up Empty-Handed in 4-0 Loss to Flames - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall in Shootout to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Edged 2-1 by the Wild - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack beaten by IceCaps - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Fall to OKC 5-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- The P-Bruins Fall to Portland Pirates 1-0 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Albany Devils Erupt for Road Win - Albany Devils
- Laxdal Earns 500th Coaching Win in Stars 4-1 Triumph over Charlotte - Texas Stars
- IceCaps Whip Wolf Pack 7-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Battle Past Penguins in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Wild Takes Down North Division Leading Utica 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Rampage Notch 4-3 Overtime Win over Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Reassigns Jokipakka, Honka - Texas Stars
- Marlies Fall in Overtime 4-3 to Rampage - Toronto Marlies
- Monarchs Recall Kitsyn from Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Canucks Assign Tom Sestito to Comets - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Re-Sign Defenceman Parent to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Helgeson, Kubiak, Brown, Pastujov Agree to Terms
- Islanders Sign Greer, Ho-Sang, Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon
- NCAA 2023 Division I Men's Hockey Regionals Coming to City of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena
- Czarnik and Hutton Agree to Two-Year Deals
- Former Sound Tigers Pushed New York Islanders to Deep Playoff Run