Monarchs Recall Kitsyn from Ontario
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have recalled forward Maxim Kitsyn from the Ontario Reign of the ECHL. He will be available for tomorrow's game in Springfield, wearing number 48.
Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough made the announcement.
Kitsyn, 23, has 11 goals and 10 assists in 33 games for the Reign this season. He is tied for the third-highest point total on the club and has the third-most goals on the team. The native of Novokuznetsk, Russia is one of two players to appear in all 33 of Ontario's games this year. Kitsyn split last season between Ontario (33 games) and Manchester (20 games), totaling 17 goals and 17 assists in 53 games between the clubs. The 6-foot-2 winger was selected by the Kings in the sixth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (158th overall).
The Monarchs will travel to Springfield tomorrow to face the Falcons at 3 p.m. Manchester, which currently leads the Eastern Conference by four points, returns to the Verizon Wireless Arena on Jan. 10 when it hosts Binghamton for a 7 p.m. matchup.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2015
- Admirals Stop Dogs, Snap Skid - Milwaukee Admirals
- Leighton Slams Door Shut on Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Grab Two Points Despite Losses to Phantoms - Norfolk Admirals
- Falcons Slip Past Sharks, 4-3, in Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- Winless Streak Hits Three For Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rockford Spoils Sopel's Night - Chicago Wolves
- Marchessault Nets OT Winner, Blunden Draws - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Top Bulldogs 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms Go Extra-Time to Win....Again - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- B-Sens' Comeback Falls Short, Lose 5-4 in OT - Binghamton Senators
- Szwarz Nets SO Goal, McKenna Shuts out Bruins - Portland Pirates
- Sharks Stumble Late in 4-3 Shootout Loss in Springfield - Worcester Sharks
- Barons Win 7th Straight, 5-2 over Lake Erie - Oklahoma City Barons
- Checkers' Skid Continues with 4-1 Trouncing by Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks Come up Empty-Handed in 4-0 Loss to Flames - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall in Shootout to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Edged 2-1 by the Wild - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack beaten by IceCaps - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Fall to OKC 5-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- The P-Bruins Fall to Portland Pirates 1-0 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Albany Devils Erupt for Road Win - Albany Devils
- Laxdal Earns 500th Coaching Win in Stars 4-1 Triumph over Charlotte - Texas Stars
- IceCaps Whip Wolf Pack 7-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Battle Past Penguins in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Wild Takes Down North Division Leading Utica 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Rampage Notch 4-3 Overtime Win over Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Reassigns Jokipakka, Honka - Texas Stars
- Marlies Fall in Overtime 4-3 to Rampage - Toronto Marlies
- Monarchs Recall Kitsyn from Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Canucks Assign Tom Sestito to Comets - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Re-Sign Defenceman Parent to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.