Wells Stops 37 in 4-1 Win vs. Rapid City
Wichita, KS - Four different players found the back of the net and Dylan Wells made 37 saves as Wichita knocked off Rapid City by the final of 4-1 on Saturday night at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Ralph Cuddemi and Dyson Stevenson led the way with two points apiece while Stefan Fournier and Steven Iacobellis each scored in the winning effort.
The theme of the night was Marvel Super Heroes and Teddy Bear Toss and it didn't take long for the Thunder to bring the bears to the ice. Jeremy Beaudry fired a one-timer at 10:03 of the first period that Stevenson got a piece of and made it 1-0.
In the second, Iacobellis increased the lead to 2-0 as he caught a pass from Stevenson and beat Michael Bitzer for his eighth of the year. Cuddemi made it 3-0 on the power play at 18:17. Nolan Vesey cut through the slot and fed a pass over to him at the left post and he buried his 10th of the year.
Cedric Montminy got the Rush on the board at 8:50 of the third. Garrett Klotz intercepted a pass at the right circle and found Montminy near the crease he cut the lead to 3-1. With 5:32 left, Stefan Fournier scored on a breakaway to put out any idea of a comeback bid to make it 4-1.
Wichita recorded two more power play goals on Saturday, giving the Thunder power play tallies in four-straight and two or more in three of the last four. Cuddemi has goals in four straight. Stevenson has goals in back-to-back games. Wells has won five-straight starts with the victory.
The Thunder closes their three-game set against the Rush tomorrow afternoon at 4:05 p.m. Tomorrow is JumpStart Buy-In Night. Head to any JumpStart location in Wichita for your ticket voucher that can be redeemed for a ticket to the game.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 9, 2018
- Thunder Sweeps Weekend Series vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Come from Behind to Beat Oilers in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Edge Atlanta in Wild Sunday Affair - South Carolina Stingrays
- Martenet Scores to Unleash Teddy Bear Toss, Beast Win 4-2 - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears Drop Sunday Afternoon Contest to Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Clip Wings on the Road - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Fall Flat in Road Trip Finale against Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Railers Charge Late But Come up Empty in Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Saracino Scoops up Five Points in 5-1 Wheeling Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Wild One Goes to South Carolina 6-5 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wings See Win Streak Snapped on Sunday Afternoon - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Hold off Furious Railer Rally in Third - Maine Mariners
- Swamp Rabbits Slug Solar Bears on Sunday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Colton Saucerman Loaned to AHL Utica Comets - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 9 - ECHL
- Gladiators Add Forward Nick Bligh in Trade with Railers - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, December 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day: Matinee Hockey Concludes Busy Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Plush Power: 'Blades Drop Swamp Rabbits on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Falter to Grizzlies, 5-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wells Stops 37 in 4-1 Win vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.