Martenet Scores to Unleash Teddy Bear Toss, Beast Win 4-2
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - Aaron Luchuk scored two goals and Austin Lotz made 39 saves as the Brampton Beast defeated the Toledo Walleye 4-2 on Sunday afternoon.
The Brampton Beast held their Teddy Bear Toss live from the CAA Centre as they took on the visiting Toledo Walleye on Sunday.
The Walleye started the scoring off with a power play goal from Kevin Tansey. The shot from the circle beat Beast netminder Austin Lotz on the glove side at 10:04.
Brampton got right back into the game with a goal from big defenseman Chris Martenet. The defender sent a knuckle puck through the legs of Walleye starter Kaden Fulcher to tie the game 1-1 at 12:23.
With less than a minute to play in the first, Aaron Luchuk tipped home the shot from Matt Petgrave to give the Beast a 2-1 lead at 19:12. Brampton retired to the locker room up 2-1 after the first and tied 14-14 in shots with Toledo.
Brampton extended their lead in the second with a beautiful goal from Luchuk. He took a pass from Erik Bradford and deked to the backhand to beat Fulcher for his second goal of the game. That gave Brampton a 3-2 lead at 14:05.
With less than a minute to go in the second, Toledo scored to pull it within one. Ben Storm was able to hammer a shot past the pads of Lotz to make it 3-2 Brampton at 19:29.
The Beast went into the second intermission up 3-2 and trailing in shots by a count of 28-24.
The third period saw both clubs trade a bevy of chances but the goaltenders from both sides stood tall and kept all pucks out of the net. With the Walleye trailing by a goal, they pulled the goaltender for extra attacker late in the third.
David Pacan and the aforementioned Bradford were able to muscle the puck out of the defensive zone, zip it over to Brandon Marino and the captain potted the empty netter to make it 4-2 at 19:02.
Lotz finished the game with 39 saves and his first win of the 2018-19 season. It was the netminders home debut at the CAA Centre.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Lotz (BRA) 2) Tansey (TOL) 1) Luchuk (BRA) The Beast went zero-for-one on the man advantage. Toledo was one-for-four on the power play. The Beast have now won two games in a row for the second time this season. Brampton next plays at home Wednesday, December 12th vs the Kalamazoo Wings. Puck drop is at 7:15 PM.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Public Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or email@example.com. The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2018-19 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 9, 2018
- Thunder Sweeps Weekend Series vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Come from Behind to Beat Oilers in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Edge Atlanta in Wild Sunday Affair - South Carolina Stingrays
- Martenet Scores to Unleash Teddy Bear Toss, Beast Win 4-2 - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears Drop Sunday Afternoon Contest to Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Clip Wings on the Road - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Fall Flat in Road Trip Finale against Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Railers Charge Late But Come up Empty in Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Saracino Scoops up Five Points in 5-1 Wheeling Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Wild One Goes to South Carolina 6-5 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wings See Win Streak Snapped on Sunday Afternoon - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Hold off Furious Railer Rally in Third - Maine Mariners
- Swamp Rabbits Slug Solar Bears on Sunday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Colton Saucerman Loaned to AHL Utica Comets - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 9 - ECHL
- Gladiators Add Forward Nick Bligh in Trade with Railers - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, December 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day: Matinee Hockey Concludes Busy Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Plush Power: 'Blades Drop Swamp Rabbits on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Falter to Grizzlies, 5-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Wells Stops 37 in 4-1 Win vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.