Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday
Wednesday, Feb. 6 - PENGUINS 1 at Rockford 2
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton unleashed 46 shots on goal, but were stonewalled by Rockford's goalie. Jarrett Burton scored in the first period, but Anton Forsberg denied 19 shots in the second and 20 in the third to steal two points away from the Penguins.
Friday, Feb. 8 - PENGUINS 5 at Milwaukee 2
Sam Lafferty struck twice on the power play to help propel the Penguins to a bounce-back victory. It was the first multi-goal game of Lafferty's career while Joseph Blandisi, Sam Miletic, Ethan Prow and Kevin Czuczman all chipped in with two points.
Saturday, Feb. 9 - PENGUINS 1 at Grand Rapids 4
The Penguins entered the third period even with the Griffins, 1-1, but Grand Rapids got the upper hand in the final frame. Michigan native Sam Miletic scored the Pens' lone goal of the game following a setup by Joseph Blandisi and Ethan Prow.
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, Feb. 13 - PENGUINS at Hershey
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton renews its rivalry with Hershey in what promises to be an intense matchup. Desperate to reinsert themselves into the Atlantic Division's playoff picture, the Bears have gone on a 12-game point streak (11-0-0-1).
Saturday, Feb. 16 - PENGUINS vs. Utica
MetLife presents Military Appreciation Night at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza as the Penguins host the Comets for the first and only time this season. Utica's Reid Boucher has 14 points (6G-8A) in his last 10 games.
Sunday, Feb. 17 - PENGUINS at Hartford
The Pens close out the week against the East's last place team. The Wolf Pack may have lost 10 of their last 11 games, but Peter Holland ranks tied for seventh in league scoring (47 PTS).
- Ethan Prow's point streak came to an end at Rockford at 10 games (5G-7A), the longest streak by an AHL defenseman this season and the longest streak by a blueliner in team history.
- Prow is in a four-way tie for the second-most points by AHL defensemen this season (37).
- Sam Miletic became the sixth Penguin to score a shorthanded goal when he potted the first of his career on Saturday.
- Joseph Blandisi has nine points (4G-5A) in his first seven games played with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- John Muse has won his last three starts with the Penguins and owns a .936 save percentage on the season, tops among AHL goalies who have played at least 100 minutes this season.
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Wed, Feb. 13 Hershey Giant Center 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Feb. 16 Utica Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Feb. 17 Hartford XL Center 3:00 p.m.
Wed, Feb. 6 (G) Tristan Jarry Recalled by PIT
Wed, Feb. 6 (G) John Muse Reassigned by PIT from WHL
Sat, Feb. 9 (G) Tristan Jarry Reassigned by PIT
Mon, Feb. 11 (LW) Troy Josephs Released from SPC
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.