Phantoms Power Play
3 Stars of the Week:
Red Hot Rookie
Connor Bunnaman recorded his first two-goal game on Sunday against Hartford. The rookie forward is now second on the team with 14 goals this season.
Connecticut native, Colin McDonald scored two goals against the Hartford Wolf Pack on Sunday. McDonald now has seven points in five games against his hometown team.
Philippe Myers earned his first NHL recall with the Philadelphia Flyers after tallying 29 points (9g, 20a) in 48 games with Lehigh Valley this season. He will be the fourth Phantoms player to make his NHL debut with the Flyers this season.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Friday, February 8, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 2, Utica Comets 5
The Phantoms dropped their first matchup of the season with the Utica Comets 5-2 on Friday night. Justin Bailey and Philippe Myers scored the two goals with the Phantoms, both players earned a call-up to the Flyers during weekend.
Saturday, February 9, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 1, Hartford Wolf Pack 2
Lehigh Valley fell in a close game a PPL Center 2-1 against the Wolf Pack. Jori Lehtera scored the only goal for the Phantoms in his first game with Lehigh Valley.
Sunday, February 10, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 5, Hartford Wolf Pack 2
The Phantoms bounced back in the rematch with Hartford, finishing the weekend with a 5-2 win. Reece Willcox got things started for the Phantoms before Colin McDonald and Connor Bunnaman each scored twice. Greg Carey and Corban Knight each picked up a pair of assists.
Friday, February 15, 2019
Vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers - PPL Center
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will take on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers Friday night in the fifth meeting between the two teams and second at PPL Center. Lehigh Valley is 2-1-1 against Bridgeport and 1-0 in Allentown. The Sound Tigers are currently second in the Atlantic Division.
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Vs. Hershey Bears - Giant Center
Lehigh Valley will travel to Hershey for matchup 10 of 12 against the Keystone State rivals. The Phantoms are 5-4 against the Bears. Lehigh Valley currently sits in fourth place in the division while Hershey sits fifth.
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Vs. Hershey Bears - PPL Center
The Phantoms and Bears will quickly rematch, this time in Allentown on Sunday. Hershey has struggled inside PPL Center, with Lehigh Valley going 4-1 at home so far. A red-hot Hershey team enters the weekend with points in 12 straight and sit just two points behind the Phantoms.
Phantoms In The Community:
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms 2019 Bully Busters Unite Program made a visit to the Jewish Day School in Allentown on Wednesday, February 6. The Phantoms' mascot, MeLVin visited with the kids and helped to teach them some helpful tips for dealing with situations of bullying.
To book your school for Bully Busters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2018-19 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join the Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2018-19 season are available online at pplcenter.com, by calling 610-347-TIXX  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
Images from this story
Connor Bunnaman of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Colin McDonald of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Philippe Myers of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Lehigh Valley Phantoms vs. the Hartford Wolf Pack
Lehigh Valley Phantoms against the Hershey Bears
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.