Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract
BINGHAMTON - The Binghamton Devils announced today that the club has signed forward Nikita Popugaev to an American Hockey League contract. The announcement was made by Binghamton's general manager, Tom Fitzgerald.
Popugaev, 20, is a 2017 fourth-round pick (98th overall) of the New Jersey Devils. The Moscow, Russia native spent this season and parts of last season in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) with both CSKA Moscow and Khabarovsk Amur.
Prior to heading overseas, the 6-foot-6, 217-pound forward played three seasons of junior hockey in the Western Hockey League with Moose Jaw and Prince George. In 154 regular-season games in the WHL, Popugaev recorded 47 goals and 76 assists for 123 points.
The Binhamton Devils are back home this Friday and Saturday against the Laval Rocket at 7:05 p.m. Friday is a Friday 4-Pack Night where fans get four tickets, four hotdogs, and four sodas. Saturday is the annual Heart Cup Game. Come watch Police and Fire Departments battle on the ice at 4:30 p.m. and get a special $15.50 ticket to the game that night to benefit American Heart Association. Call or text "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Binghamton Devils full season memberships are now available for the 2019-20 season! Get great benefits such as FREE New Jersey Devils NHL tickets,exclusive access to Devils players, a brand new referral program, gift cards, and much more! For information on becoming a member, text "MEMBER" to 607-722-7367.
For more information, including pricing, group outings, taking a limo to the game, fan experiences, and much more, visit www.binghamtondevils.com or call the Devils front office at 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils forward Nikita Popugaev
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- Binghamton Devils Re-Sign Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Street Named Devils' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Devils, Americans, Comets, and Crunch to Host Blood Drives
- AHL Suspends Season - Statement from the Binghamton Devils