Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have recalled Mike McKenna from his conditioning loan with their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
McKenna, 35, has played in 11 NHL games this season, including one with the Philadelphia Flyers on January 8, 2019 against the Washington Capitals. McKenna also appeared in 10 games for the Ottawa Senators this season, posting a 1-4-1 record with a 3.96 goals against average and a 0.897 save percentage. He played in three games for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, going 2-1, most recently with a 33-save victory on Sunday against Hartford.
A native of St. Louis, Missouri, McKenna has been very well-traveled during his hockey career. Over his 14-year professional career, McKenna has spent time with seven different NHL teams and played for 13 different AHL cities. McKenna has a 3.60 GAA and 0.890 save percentage in 35 NHL games during his career.
The 6-foot-2 goaltender has backstopped his team to the Calder Cup Finals in each of the last two seasons. He went 14-8 with a 2.41 GAA and .927 save percentage for the Texas Stars in 2018 and had a 13-9 record with a 2.68 GAA and .911 save percentage for the Syracuse Crunch in 2017.
The Phantoms will face another 3-in-3 weekend coming up as they take on Bridgeport at home Friday Night before a home-and-home series with Hershey. They will face the Bears Saturday at Giant Center and Sunday at PPL Center. Tickets to You Can Play! Night on Friday can be purchased HERE. Tickets to MeLVin's Birthday Bash on Sunday can be purchased HERE.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
And for the latest Phantoms news, visit www.phantomshockey.com or follow the team on Facebook, Twitter (@lvphantoms) and Instagram (@lehighvalleyphantoms).
The Phantoms are coming off an incredibly successful fourth campaign in the Lehigh Valley playing at the state-of-the-art PPL Center in which the team claimed the Atlantic Division Championship and finished with the AHL's second-most wins (47) along with the league's second-highest standings points total (104) while advancing to the third round of the Calder Cup Playoffs for just the fourth time in franchise history.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.