Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned forward Jonne Tammela to the Syracuse Crunch from the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Tammela, 21, has appeared in 23 games with the Solar Bears this season, recording 26 points (13g, 13a), including his first professional hat trick against the Jacksonville Icemen on Dec. 27. He has also skated in eight games with the Crunch this season, posting one goal and two assists. Tammela appeared in 28 contests with the Crunch last season earning six points (3g, 3a) after returning from injury.
The 5-foot-11, 192-pound forward previously appeared in two OHL games with the Peterborough Petes registering a goal in the 2016-17 season before the season-ending injury. He also skated with KalPa of the SM-liiga league in Finland, notching 17 points (9g, 8a) in 69 games from 2014 to 2016.
Tammela was selected by the Lightning in the fourth round, 118th overall, at the 2015 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.