Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have loaned goaltender Brian Elliott to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms for conditioning purposes.
Elliott, 33, has played in 14 games for the Philadelphia Flyers this season and holds a 6-7-0 record with a 2.59 goals against average and 0.911 save percentage. He was placed on injured reserve on November 15, 2018. Elliott is in his second season with Philadelphia and holds a 29-18-7 record with a 2.65 GAA and a 0.909 save percentage during 57 games with the Flyers.
Drafted in the 9th round (#291) in the 2003 NHL Draft by the Ottawa Senators, Elliott made his NHL debut with Ottawa on October 10, 2007 against the Atlanta Thrashers and earned his first NHL victory saving 29/30 shots. Currently in his 12th professional season, Elliott has played 428 NHL games in his career, spending time with the Ottawa Senators (2007-2011), Colorado Avalanche (2011), St. Louis Blues (2011-2016), Calgary Flames (2016-17) and Philadelphia Flyers (2017-2019). The 6-foot-2 netminder has amassed a 220-135-42 record with a 2.45 GAA and a 0.913 save percentage with 38 shutouts. Elliott won the William M. Jennings Trophy in 2011-12, given to the goaltenders for the team with the fewest goals scored against as a member of the St. Louis Blues. He is a two-time NHL All-Star, being named to the team in 2012 and 2015.
A native of Newmarket, Ontario, Elliott played four seasons for the University of Wisconsin prior to turning pro. Elliott totaled a 49-27-6 record. During his junior year, he was a Hobey Baker Award finalist and racked up a 25-5-3 record with a 1.55 GAA and a 0.938 save percentage as he led Wisconsin to the 2006 NCAA National Championship.
The Phantoms will face another 3-in-3 weekend coming up as they take on Bridgeport at home Friday Night before a home-and-home series with Hershey. They will face the Bears Saturday at Giant Center and Sunday at PPL Center. Tickets to You Can Play! Night on Friday can be purchased HERE. Tickets to MeLVin's Birthday Bash on Sunday can be purchased HERE.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
And for the latest Phantoms news, visit www.phantomshockey.com or follow the team on Facebook, Twitter (@lvphantoms) and Instagram (@lehighvalleyphantoms).
The Phantoms are coming off an incredibly successful fourth campaign in the Lehigh Valley playing at the state-of-the-art PPL Center in which the team claimed the Atlantic Division Championship and finished with the AHL's second-most wins (47) along with the league's second-highest standings points total (104) while advancing to the third round of the Calder Cup Playoffs for just the fourth time in franchise history.
Images from this story
Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Brian Elliott
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Phantoms Power Play
- Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms
- Phantoms Comeback Falls Just Short
- Phantoms Comeback Late But Hershey Wins in Shootout
- T.J. Brennan Scores OT Winner for Phantoms