Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick
SAN JOSE, CA - The San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud American Hockey League (@TheAHL) affiliate of the National Hockey League's (@NHL) San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), along with General Manager Joe Will have announced that the team has signed forward T.J. Hensick (@TJHensick). Per club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
"T.J. is an experienced forward who has continually put up points at this level," said Will. "We think he can add a lot to our young core and we're excited for him to join the organization."
In his 12th professional season, Hensick, 33, has totaled 58 points (17 goals, 41 assists), 10 penalty minutes, and a plus-five rating in 47 games with the Toledo Walleye (@ToledoWalleye) of the ECHL (@ECHL). Hensick's 58 points and 41 assists rank first in the ECHL.
Originally drafted by the Colorado Avalanche in the third round (88nd overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Hensick has skated in 112 NHL (@NHL) games over his career with the Avalanche (@Avalanche) and the St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues), totaling 38 points (12 goals, 26 assists) and 18 penalty minutes.
Among active AHL players, the Howell, Michigan native is 11th in games played (630), eighth in goals (166), third in assists (402) and second in points (568). Prior to this season, Hensick spent the last two seasons with the AHL's Ontario Reign (@ontarioreign), leading the Reign in points (52) and assists (36) during the 2016-17 season.
Before turning pro, the four-time AHL All-Star spent four seasons at the University of Michigan where he finished eighth all-time in program history in points (222) and fourth in assists (147).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- San Jose Pro Eaters, Joey Chestnut and Matt Stonie, Faceoff at First-Ever Barracuda Waffle-Eating Challenge
- San Jose Barracuda Reveal 5th Anniversary Team
- Barracuda Erase Two-Goal Deficit, Beat Condors 4-3
- Barracuda Return Home, Cruise Past Gulls 5-1
- San Jose Barracuda Set to Debut Brand New Promotions During Its October 11th Home Opener