Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6
The Rockford IceHogs won two of three games last week, pushing their win streak to a season-high six straight games prior to Saturday's loss. Rockford is now 7-2-0-0 over its last nine games and has moved into a share of fourth place with the Milwaukee Admirals in the Central Division.
The Hogs enter the week with points in 11 of the last 16 home games after beginning the season at just 3-4-0-2 through the first nine games at the BMO this year. Rockford is 10-5-1-0 at home in that span since Dec. 2, and has held opponents to just 2.43 goals per game at home in that span.
Rockford has scored 3+ goals in seven of the last nine games dating to Jan. 19. The IceHogs are averaging exactly 3.00 goals per game in that span with 27 tallies in nine contests.
Jordan Schroeder has points in a season-high five straight games with one goal and four assists over that span. His point streak is tied with Terry Broadhurst, Anthony Louis and Tyler Sikura for the longest by an IceHogs skater this season, and is his personal best point streak since his career-high eight-game streak in 2015-16 (Jan. 16 - Dec. 13).
Kevin Lankinen has won each of his last three appearances for his first winning streak of his rookie season. The netminder has held opponents to two or fewer goals in six of his last eight outings, combining to post a 2.10 GAA and .929 save percentage in that span. Lankinen has also led the IceHogs to points in six of those eight outings with his record of 4-2-2 in that span dating to Dec. 29.
Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Rockford vs Texas (7 p.m.) The IceHogs take on the Texas Stars for the fifth time of the 2018-19 season. Tuesday is a Fas Fuel Winning Weekday and fans who attended the Hogs game on Feb. 6 can redeem their ticket stub for a FREE ticket of equal or lesser value to Tuesday's game. Craft beers will also be available for just $5.
Saturday, Feb. 16 | Rockford vs Iowa (6 p.m.) Rockford welcomes the Iowa Wild for Super Hero Night this Saturday. Fans are invited to dress as their favorite super hero/comic book hero for the game, and the first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a free Super Hammy Bobblehead, thanks to Rock Valley Culligan.
Sunday, Feb. 17 | Rockford vs San Antonio (4 p.m.) The IceHogs cap a six-game homestand dubbed, "The WidowMaker," with a Sunday matinee matchup against the Rampage. The first 2,500 fans will receive a free IceHogs 20th anniversary poster, courtesy of Hub Printing. In addition, fans can stick around after the game and take the ice with their favorite players for the final postgame Skate with the Hogs.
BUD LIGHT MONTHLY MONDAY HOG TALK AT VINTAGE 501:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns to Vintage 501 on Monday, March 4. Vintage 501 is located in downtown Rockford at 501 E. State St. Fans can join broadcaster Joseph Zakrzewski from 6-7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month throughout the season as the duo chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. For those unable to attend the show in-person, Monday's show will be streaming live on IceHogs.com. "Bud Light Hog Talk" will also be available on www.icehogs.com following the live show. Fans can access the podcast through the "Audio Highlights" link in the "Multimedia" menu. The expected guests will be announced at a later date.
ICEHOGS BROADCASTING NETWORK:
Catch the IceHogs this season on WIFR's 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194, Dish Network channel 252 or Mediacom 102 in the Rockford market and online through watchtheAHL.com. Each TV broadcast will start with "IceHogs Warm Up" 30 minutes prior to puck drop. Fans can also listen to the action for free at sportsfanradio1330.com, facebook.com/rockfordicehogs and IceHogs.com. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com, and for the complete schedule of radio broadcasts, visit sportsfanradio1330.com.
TICKETS ON SALE FOR 2018-19!
IceHogs individual game tickets can be purchased by calling (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any regular season home game during the 2018-19 season. Tickets can also be purchased online at IceHogs.com, in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford or at any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E