Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads
ROCKFORD, Ill - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have loaned forward Henrik Samuelsson to the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads. Idaho currently owns Samuelsson's ECHL contract rights.
Samuelsson, 25, has spent the 2018-19 campaign with the IceHogs and logged two goals and five assists in 40 games. He notched points in three of his first seven games this season, including finding the scoresheet in back-to-back games on Oct. 13-14, and most recently tallied an assist on Jan. 6 vs. Iowa.
Overall, the Pittsburgh native has tallied 19 points (11g, 8a) in 65 AHL games with the IceHogs over the last two seasons. Since making his AHL debut with Portland in 2014-15, Samuelsson has combined for 74 points (34g, 40a) in 201 AHL games in six seasons.
The forward returns to Idaho, where he spent the majority of the 2017-18 season prior to signing a PTO with the IceHogs. Samuelsson has notched 43 points (16g, 27a) in 49 contests with the Steelheads.
Samuelsson was originally selected by Arizona in the first round (27th overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft.
Next Home Game: Tuesday, Feb. 12 vs. Texas | 7 p.m.
The IceHogs' six-game homestand rolls on with a Fas Fuel Winning Weekdays matchup against the Texas Stars at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Fans can redeem their ticket stub from last Wednesday's contest (Feb. 6) for a FREE ticket of equal or lesser value to Tuesdays' game against Texas. Select craft beers will also be on sale for just $5 throughout Tuesday's matchup.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.