Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today they have reassigned forward Cam Brown and defenseman Kevin Spinozzi to their ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Brown, 25, recorded four points in 11 games played with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this season, including his first goal as a Penguin on Jan. 12 at Charlotte. At the time of his recall from Wheeling, Brown led all Nailers skaters with 26 assists on the year, one season after finishing second on the team in helpers (36). The forward from Natick, Massachusetts also sat second on the Nailers' points chart, having earned 34 points this season.
Spinozzi enjoyed much success in the ECHL this season, topping all ECHL blueliners with 28 points in 26 games played at the time of his initial recall to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. In fact, the 22-year-old defenseman still ranks second among all ECHL defensemen in goals (11) despite not suiting up for the Nailers since Dec. 22. The native of Granby, Québec appeared in five games with the Penguins this season, posting no points in that time.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is Wednesday, Feb. 13, as it renews its rivalry with the Hershey Bears at Giant Center. The Penguins' next home game is Saturday, Feb. 16, against the Utica Comets. Puck drop on Military Appreciation Night presented by MetLife between the Penguins and Comets is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins' offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the 20th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV, which include live and archived games, begin at just $79.99 for the entire 2018-19 regular season. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2018-19 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Eagles Come up Short in 2-1 Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Finish Road Trip with Solid Win in Rockford - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6 - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester - Cleveland Monsters
- Samuelsson Loaned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Reassign Brown to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Jan Rutta from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Sign Veteran Forward T.J. Hensick - San Jose Barracuda
- Game #45 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall G Mike McKenna from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Reassign Brown and Spinozzi to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barracuda Recall Forward Colby McAuley from Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Recall Reid Gardiner from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly: Penguins Return Home for Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Acquire Seventh-Round Pick in 2020 NHL Entry Draft for Marek Mazanec - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 12, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Belleville Riding Nine-Game Point Streak into Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Remains One of the AHL's Hottest Teams - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Ottawa Recalls Archibald, Gustavsson - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Loan Brian Elliott to Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Xavier Ouellet Named Captain of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Shane Starrett
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton