Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings
KALAMAZOO- Shorthanded due to injuries and call ups a week ago the Kalamazoo Wings are starting to get back to full strength. Earlier this afternoon, forward Curtis Valk was reassigned to the K-Wings from the American Hockey League's Utica Comets, while forward Mike DiPaolo was reassigned from the AHL's Springfield Falcons.
Valk, who has played nine games this season with the K-Wings, is tied for the team-lead in scoring with 12 points (4 goals, 8 assists) with Sacha Guimond.
DiPaolo joins the K-Wings after starting the season with the Falcons. Last season, DiPaolo split the campaign between the Charlottetown Islanders of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and the Sarnia Sting of the Ontario Hockey League.
A defenseman in Junior's, DiPaolo will join the K-Wings as a forward.
In a separate transaction yesterday, the K-Wings traded forward Josh Brittain to the Missouri Maverick's for future considerations.
Kalamazoo will begin a brief two-game road swing this Friday, November 21st with an 8 p.m. encounter against the Fort Wayne Komets.
The K-Wings will return to Wings Stadium on Friday, November 28th with a special 5 p.m. Black Friday face-off versus the Komets on a 3, 2, 1 Countdown to Fun, featuring $3 beers, $2 Pepsi products and $1 hot dogs courtesy of Winter's Sausage.
Between now and Wednesday, December 10th fans that come to any K-Wings home game can register to win two tickets to the Detroit Red Wings game on December 16th versus the Columbus Blue Jackets. The prize also includes a special meet and greet after the game in the Olympia Club.
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are currently on sale at Wings Stadium Ticket Office, all Ticketmaster locations, including www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Fans that plan on attending multiple games can avoid service fees plus enjoy a discount from the single-game price by purchasing a 12, 24 or 36-game flexi-plan. These plans along with group ticket packages (15 or more people) may be ordered through the K-Wings front office by calling (269) 743-6011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2014
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 2-1 on Road - Utah Grizzlies
- Driedger Denies Road Warriors as IceMen Win 3-0 - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Rally Late, Grab Wild Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Stifle Fuel, 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Host Field Trip Day Game at 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program - Wichita Thunder
- Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Warriors Visit Evansville Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Weekly Weather Report: Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Outdueled in Shootout; Fall 3-2 at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Star as Comeback Kids on Education Day - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Add Food and Clothing Drive to Historic Army-Navy Hockey Day Events - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Headed to the AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Carruth Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Today - November 19 - ECHL
- Jackals Visit Wheeling for Wednesday Morning School Game - Elmira Jackals
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 SO Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- Game Day: Wings Open Second Half in Fort Wayne
- Wings Weekly: K-Wings Prepare to Retire Gagnon's #1 as a Part of 45th Anniversary Game
- Three Straight Goals K-Wings Past Komets
- Game Day: K-Wings Hit Halfway Point against Komets, Dirk Rejoins K-Wings
- Gardiner Records Gordie Howe Hat Trick But K-Wings Fall in Shootout