Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan
Independence, MO (November 19, 2014) - The Missouri Mavericks announced on Wednesday afternoon that the team has traded for left wing Josh Brittain from the Kalamazoo Wings and defenseman Josh Rempel from Greenville Road Warriors. Both were acquired in exchange for future considerations.
Brittain has already racked up a total of 204 professional games at the young age of 24. This season with Kalamazoo, the forward has scored three goals with an assist and 17 penalty minutes in 12 games. The former third round draft selection of the Anaheim Ducks in the 2008 NHL Draft has played 114 American Hockey League games seeing action with Syracuse, Norfolk and Hershey. In his time in the AHL, the 6-5, 230-pounder has scored 16 goals with 14 assists.
Prior to turning pro, the Milton, Ontario native played 258 games in the Ontario Hockey League scoring 80 goals with 72 assists in 258 games (saw action with Kingston, Barrie and Plymouth).
Rempel, 23, joins the Mavs after registering one assist in six games with Greenville. In his pro career, the Willington, Connecticut native has played 58 career ECHL games seeing action with Trenton, Evansville, South Carolina and Las Vegas, along with Greenville.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-3, 220-pound defenseman played four seasons at Harvard where he had one goal and 10 assists in 81 collegiate games.
The Mavericks are back in action on Friday night when they host the Tulsa Oilers at the Independence Events Center. Face-off is scheduled for 7:05 PM (CST).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2014
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 2-1 on Road - Utah Grizzlies
- Driedger Denies Road Warriors as IceMen Win 3-0 - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Rally Late, Grab Wild Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Stifle Fuel, 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Host Field Trip Day Game at 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program - Wichita Thunder
- Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Warriors Visit Evansville Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Weekly Weather Report: Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Outdueled in Shootout; Fall 3-2 at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Star as Comeback Kids on Education Day - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Add Food and Clothing Drive to Historic Army-Navy Hockey Day Events - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Headed to the AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Carruth Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Today - November 19 - ECHL
- Jackals Visit Wheeling for Wednesday Morning School Game - Elmira Jackals
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 SO Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa