Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads
DULUTH, Ga. - The Gladiators announced the signing of veteran forward Geoff Paukovich on Wednesday. Paukovich (pronounced POCK-ah-vich) has played in 401 regular season games in the ECHL and AHL over six seasons.
Last year, Paukovich, 28, was named captain of the Las Vegas Wranglers at the beginning of his fourth consecutive season with the team. He also picked up six goals and 11 assists over 61 games played. In all, the native of Englewood, Colorado played in 250 regular season and postseason contest with the Wranglers organization.
The 6-4, 215-pound forward was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers in the second round (57th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He began his professional career with the Stockton Thunder in 2007-08, where he recorded a career high 13 goals and 13 assists in 70 games.
From there, Paukovich spent the majority of the 2008-09 and the entirety of the 2009-10 seasons with the Springfield Falcons of the AHL, playing in 109 games.
Before his professional career began, Paukovich attended the University of Denver from 2004 to 2007, playing in 115 games for the Pioneers, and capturing the NCAA Championship in 2005.
Paukovich joins the Gladiators roster shortly before the team's weekend set in Estero, Fla. against the Florida Everblades. The team's next home game will be on Tuesday, November 25th against the South Carolina Stingrays.
For tickets and schedule information, visit the official team website at www.gwinnettgladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2014
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 2-1 on Road - Utah Grizzlies
- Driedger Denies Road Warriors as IceMen Win 3-0 - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Rally Late, Grab Wild Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Stifle Fuel, 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Host Field Trip Day Game at 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program - Wichita Thunder
- Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Warriors Visit Evansville Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Weekly Weather Report: Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Outdueled in Shootout; Fall 3-2 at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Star as Comeback Kids on Education Day - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Add Food and Clothing Drive to Historic Army-Navy Hockey Day Events - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Headed to the AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Carruth Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Today - November 19 - ECHL
- Jackals Visit Wheeling for Wednesday Morning School Game - Elmira Jackals
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 SO Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net