Carruth Reassigned to Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - The Chicago Blackhawks of the NHL reassigned goaltender Mac Carruth to the Indy Fuel from the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, the Fuel announced Wednesday. A seventh round pick by Chicago (191st overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Carruth did not appear in a game for the IceHogs in his latest assignment and will join the Fuel at home on Wednesday vs. Orlando.
A 6'3", 182 lb. goaltender from Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Carruth is 0-1-1-1 in three appearances for the Fuel this season with a 3.54 goals-against average and a .853 save percentage. In his last appearance, Carruth made 21 saves on 24 shots faced in the Fuel's 3-1 road loss to the Cincinnati Cyclones on November 7th.
Next up for the Fuel, it's the first-ever meeting between Indy and the Orlando Solar Bears with the opening faceoff set for 7:05 pm on Wednesday at the Fairgrounds Coliseum on "Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana Night." Fans are encouraged to help the Fuel support the Food and Fund Drive by bringing a non-perishable food donation to the game. The first 1,000 fans through the gates with a canned food donation will receive a complimentary Fuel blanket. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, on Ticketmaster.com and via the Fiargrounds Coliseum box office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Full television coverage of Wednesday's game begins at 7:00 pm on HTSN with Jim Mirabello on the call, while full radio coverage begins with the "Jose Cuervo Pregame Show" at 6:50 pm on CBS Sports 1430 AM with Fuel broadcaster Tony Brown providing the play-by-play.
In 2014-15, the Indy Fuel, the proud "AA" affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and AHL's Rockford IceHogs, drop the puck on their first season in the ECHL. Season ticket packages for the Fuel's inaugural campaign are available now starting at just under $12 per game! To reserve your seats, contact the Fuel today at (317) 925-FUEL or visit www.indyfuelhockey.com for more information. Be sure to follow the Fuel on Twitter @IndyFuel and don't forget to 'Like' the official "Indy Fuel" fan page on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2014
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 2-1 on Road - Utah Grizzlies
- Driedger Denies Road Warriors as IceMen Win 3-0 - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Rally Late, Grab Wild Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Stifle Fuel, 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Host Field Trip Day Game at 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program - Wichita Thunder
- Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Warriors Visit Evansville Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Weekly Weather Report: Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Outdueled in Shootout; Fall 3-2 at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Star as Comeback Kids on Education Day - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Add Food and Clothing Drive to Historic Army-Navy Hockey Day Events - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Headed to the AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Carruth Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Today - November 19 - ECHL
- Jackals Visit Wheeling for Wednesday Morning School Game - Elmira Jackals
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 SO Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Indy Fuel to Make Coaching Change for 2019-20 Season
- Fuel Announce 2018-19 Team Award Winners
- Fuel Outlast Nailers in Season Finale
- Fuel Eliminated from Playoff Contention After Shootout Loss to Komets
- Fuel Rally in Comeback Win over the Komets to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive