Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors
Evansville, IN - Chris Dreidger stopped all 34 shots he faced on Wednesday as the Evansville IceMen (5-5-1) defeated the Greenville Road Warriors (8-6-0), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-0 at the Ford Center.
Former Road Warrior Brandon Wong (1g, 1a) and Peter Sakaris each recorded a multi-point effort as the IceMen scored all three goals in the third period.
The first two periods were a battle of the goaltenders as Jason Missiaen stopped all 21 shots he faced, while Dreidger turned aside 24 shots for the scoreless deadlock.
In addition, things turned physical in the middle frame when Bretton Cameron was hit up high by a shoulder-check from Guy Lepine at the 14:15 mark. Lepine was assessed a match penalty and a five-minute fighting major from an ensuing tilt with Steve Spinell. Following two minutes of 4-on-4 hockey, the Road Warriors produced five shots on target during a three-minute power play but could not grab the lead.
Evansville opened the scoring just 44 seconds into the third period when Jarrett Lukin scored his fourth goal of the season on a one-timer from Kale Kerbashian.
Less than five minutes later, Wong made it 2-0 with his third goal of the season. From behind the net, Sakaris fed the puck to Wong at the right post who sent a crisp one-time shot past Missiaen's glove.
Sakaris earned his second point of the game and finished the scoring at 12:15 of the third period when he beat Missiaen blocker side from the doorstep.
Greenville finished the game 0-for-3 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill. Missiaen (2-2-0) made 29 saves and suffered the loss.
The Road Warriors outshot Evansville 34-32.
Greenville continues a season-long, eight-game road trip on Friday with a 7:15 p.m. EST puck drop against the Toledo Walleye at the Huntington Center. Go to ECHL.TV to listen or watch the game live. The next home game is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 4th against Orlando. For tickets or more information, please call a Road Warriors Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK or visit GreenvilleRoadWarriors.com/tickets-overview.html !
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2014
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 2-1 on Road - Utah Grizzlies
- Driedger Denies Road Warriors as IceMen Win 3-0 - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Rally Late, Grab Wild Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Stifle Fuel, 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Host Field Trip Day Game at 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program - Wichita Thunder
- Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Warriors Visit Evansville Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Weekly Weather Report: Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Outdueled in Shootout; Fall 3-2 at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Star as Comeback Kids on Education Day - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Add Food and Clothing Drive to Historic Army-Navy Hockey Day Events - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Headed to the AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Carruth Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Today - November 19 - ECHL
- Jackals Visit Wheeling for Wednesday Morning School Game - Elmira Jackals
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 SO Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.