Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade
WINDSOR, Colo. - The Colorado Eagles, proud affiliate of the NHL's Calgary Flames and Adirondack Flames of the AHL, announced Wednesday that they have acquired defenseman Nathan Joe from the Bakersfield Condors, in exchange for future considerations. The 6-foot, 185-pound rookie began the season with the Condors, notching a goal and an assist in four games, while compiling a plus-minus rating of plus-2. He is expected to be in the line-up tonight when the Eagles host the Utah Grizzlies at the Budweiser Events Center at 7:05pm.
The Edmonton, Alberta native began his professional career late last season when he joined Bakersfield for five games, posting a goal and an assist and registering a plus-2. Prior to making his ECHL debut, the 26 year-old spent five seasons at the University of Alberta, registering 60 points in 128 games and finishing with a cumulative plus-minus rating of plus-76. Joe capped off his career by helping the Golden Bears win a CIS Championship in 2014. Joe also captured a WHL Championship with the Kelowna Rockets in 2005. He would finish his major-junior career with 55 points in 314 WHL games split between Kelowna and the Saskatoon Blades.
Colorado Eagles single game tickets are on sale now and start at just $16 per seat. Contact the Eagles ticket office at 970-686-SHOT (7468) or visit www.ComcastTix.com to reserve your seats today and be part of the action! The Colorado Eagles 10-Game Pack is on sale now. Games include Cowbell Night, Hockey Fights Cancer Night, both bobblehead giveaways, Pot of Gold Night, and Fan Appreciation Night! Packages start at just $210 per seat. Contact the Eagles ticket office at 970-686-SHOT (7468) to reserve your seats today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2014
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 2-1 on Road - Utah Grizzlies
- Driedger Denies Road Warriors as IceMen Win 3-0 - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Rally Late, Grab Wild Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Stifle Fuel, 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Host Field Trip Day Game at 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program - Wichita Thunder
- Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Warriors Visit Evansville Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Weekly Weather Report: Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Outdueled in Shootout; Fall 3-2 at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Star as Comeback Kids on Education Day - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Add Food and Clothing Drive to Historic Army-Navy Hockey Day Events - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Headed to the AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Carruth Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Today - November 19 - ECHL
- Jackals Visit Wheeling for Wednesday Morning School Game - Elmira Jackals
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 SO Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Francouz Joins Czech Republic at 2019 IIHF World Championships
- Colorado's Playoff Run Ends in 5-2 Loss to Condors in Game Four
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Kale Kessy
- Eagles Announce Series of Transactions
- Bakersfield Takes 2-1 Series Lead with 5-2 Victory over Eagles