Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program
Wichita, KS (Nov. 19th) - The Wichita Thunder, proud member of the ECHL and powered by Toyota, are excited to continue the team's partnership with Reddi Industries to help raise money for the Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County with the Pucks for Bucks Program.
For every save that a Thunder goaltender makes, Reddi Industries will donate $1 to the Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County. Last season, Reddi Industries was the title sponsor of this program and donated $2,000 to this great cause. Fans can see the running total on the Wichita Thunder homepage in the Pucks for Bucks banner.
The Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County is a nonprofit organization that has been at the forefront of child protection and helping to provide services for the victims of child abuse. Sedgwick County has been a leader in this development of the Exploited and Missing Child Unit (EMCU) for over 20 years. To learn more about how to help, visit their website at www.cacsckansas.org.
"The money that Reddi Industries has donated to us over the last year helps provide direct services free of charge to victims of child abuse and their families especially therapy and advocacy," commented Diana Schunn, Executive Director of the Child Advocacy Center of Kansas. "We see roughly 2,000 children each year in the Sedgwick County Area. This helps us to continue our services and we can't thank them enough for being a fabulous partner of ours."
Wichita returns home on Saturday night to host the Missouri Mavericks at 7:05 p.m. The Thunder will travel back to the BOK Center for a rematch on Sunday afternoon at 4:05 p.m. against the Oilers.
Individual tickets are on sale now. Don't delay! Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com. Stay up-to-date on all the news during the season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2014
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 2-1 on Road - Utah Grizzlies
- Driedger Denies Road Warriors as IceMen Win 3-0 - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Rally Late, Grab Wild Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Dreidger Stops 34 Shots as IceMen Defeat Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Stifle Fuel, 4-1 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Acquire Defenseman Colin Joe in Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Host Field Trip Day Game at 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Partners with Reddi Industries for Pucks for Bucks Program - Wichita Thunder
- Valk and DiPaolo Get Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Make a Pair of Trades, Acquire Josh Brittain and Brendan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Preview: Warriors Visit Evansville Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Former L.V. Captain Signs with Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Weekly Weather Report: Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Outdueled in Shootout; Fall 3-2 at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Star as Comeback Kids on Education Day - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Add Food and Clothing Drive to Historic Army-Navy Hockey Day Events - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Headed to the AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Carruth Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Today - November 19 - ECHL
- Jackals Visit Wheeling for Wednesday Morning School Game - Elmira Jackals
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 SO Loss at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.