Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Week of February 22, 2021
Where We Stand
The Roadrunners are currently 4-0-0-0. They are first in goals-per-game averaging four a contest. Tucson is the last remaining undefeated team in the Pacific Division after the Henderson Silver Knights and San Diego Gulls both lost their first games of the season last week. The Roadrunners have scored 14 goals in their last three games, most in a three-game span since December 31 - January 4 of last season (16 goals).
Back with the Birds
Roadrunners fan-favorite Kyle Capobianco and Arizona Coyotes first-round draft pick Barrett Hayton have been assigned to Tucson and joined the Roadrunners. Capobianco was an AHL All-Star last year with the Roadrunners, posting 37 points in 42 games in this third-straight AHL All-Star campaign. Barrett Hayton spent five games with the Roadrunners on a conditioning assignment last season, earning a goal and four assists, including a two-assist game against Colorado last February.
On the Road Again
The Roadrunners are back on the road, this time in Colorado for a three-game set with the Eagles, starting with the series opener on Wednesday, February 24 at 7pm. The game is available on Fox Sports 1450 am, the iHeartRadio app, and AHLtv.
Who's on the Schedule
The Roadrunners will be facing the Colorado Eagles this week for the first time this season. The Eagles are currently 1-3-1 and sitting at fifth in the Pacific Division. They currently have a goal differential of -5 (12 for, 17 against).
Smereck Supports His Community
The Roadrunners are currently auctioning off a 2019-2020 Jalen Smereck Game Worn jersey to benefit Detroit Ice Dreams, an organization that he works closely with in his hometown of Detroit, Michigan. The auction goes through the weekend at TucsonRoadrunners.com/Dreams. CLICK HERE for more. (CLICK HERE for press release)
Around the Pacific Division
The Roadrunners are third in goals for and goal differential and are second in goals allowed. San Diego and Henderson are the only teams in the division with more wins than the Roadrunners, and each have one loss apiece. They are facing off against each other this week at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
Did You Know?
The Roadrunners have a player born in every year from 1993 to 2001, with Barrett Hayton joining the team as the third youngest, behind Jan Jenik (September 2000) and Victor Soderstrom (February 2001).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Heat Fall to Toronto Tuesday in Calgary - Stockton Heat
- Monsters Stumble Late in 3-2 Loss to IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Fulcher Reassigned to Detroit's Taxi Squad - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Laval Rocket Unveil Full Schedule for the 2021 Season - Laval Rocket
- Bears Sign Defender Zach Malatesta to PTO - Hershey Bears
- Belleville Senators Announce Temporary Relocation for Home Games for 2020-21 Season - Belleville Senators
- Moose Announce Full 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Releases Full 2020-21 Canadian Division Schedule - AHL
- Heat Announce Remainder of 2020-21 Schedule - Stockton Heat
- Silver Knights Announce Roster Moves - Henderson Silver Knights
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hershey Bears Weekly #3: Chocolate and White off to Best Start in Nearly a Decade - Hershey Bears
- Heat, Marlies Run It Back Tuesday - Stockton Heat
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Week of February 22, 2021 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch, Rochester Americans Game Rescheduled for March 1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Announce Schedule Change - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs and Monsters Rematch at BMO Harris Bank Center Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Take Down Rocket in OT - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.