Toledo Tops Pawtucket on Rainy Saturday Night
PAWTUCKET, R.I. - Through rain and a one hour and two-minute rain delay, the Toledo Mud Hens (56-68) took game two of this three-game series with the Pawtucket Red Sox (53-70) by a 5-1 final.
Toledo scored quickly in the first inning. Jacob Robson singled on the third pitch of the game. He stole his league-leading 24th base on the first pitch to the next batter Christin Stewart. Three pitches later, Stewart lined a single to right field that scored Robson.
The Mud Hens plated a pair in the fourth inning thanks to a two-run home run from Willi Castro to make it 3-0.
The PawSox got on the board in the fifth inning. After he opened the scoring last night, Jantzen Witte did so again tonight. His single to left field brought Tzu-Wei Lin home to make it 3-1.
Over his last 11 games, Witte has gone .361 (13-for-36) with three doubles, two home runs, and six RBI's.
The game went into a one hour and two-minute rain delay after the conclusion of the top of the seventh inning.
In the top of the eighth, Frank Schwindel belted a solo home run to make it 4-1. The homer was Schwindel's sixth in just 14 games with Toledo.
They added another when Kade Scivicque drove in a run with his third hit of the game.
Bobby Dalbec picked up his second-straight two-hit game, going 2-for-3 with a hit by pitch.
In his first start since July 31, Ryan Weber went the first four innings. The right-hander allowed six hits and three earned runs. Weber struck out five without walking a batter.
The PawSox and Mud Hens wrap up this three-game set tomorrow afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Pawtucket right-hander Teddy Stankiewicz (1-2, 4.20 ERA) is scheduled to oppose Mud Hens righty Spenser Watkins (5-3, 6.36 ERA).
The game will be televised live on myRITV. Radio coverage on WHJJ (920 AM and 104.7 FM) and throughout the PawSox Radio Network begins with the pre-game show at 12:35 p.m.
Tomorrow, the first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a PawSox Baseball Card Set. Sunday will also be another Family FunDay, during which fans can play catch on the field before the game and run the bases after the game.
Good tickets are available, and fans can visit the McCoy Stadium box office, which is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and during all home games. Fans can also call (401) 724-7300 or log on to PawSox.com for tickets.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2019
- RailRiders grab multiple leads in extra innings, fall to Stripers in 11 innings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Split Twin Bill with Clippers - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Sweep Saturday Doubleheader against Norfolk - Syracuse Mets
- Stripers Edge Scranton in Extras on Blanco's Walk-Off Walk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toledo Tops Pawtucket on Rainy Saturday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Fall in Extras, 2-1, Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Home Runs Propel Mud Hens to Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs match season-best four wins in a row - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Ramirez Strong But 'Pigs Top Indians, 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Win Pitchers' Duel in Extras, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Burns Homers Twice as Bisons Win Again, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-63) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (59-63) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Rochester Red Wings (62-61) at Louisville Bats (52-71) - Louisville Bats
- Heller Rejoins RailRiders on MLB Rehab Assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Wings Back Monday for Four Straight First Ever Food Week - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs Take Two in Indianapolis - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Tribe Fall Flat as IronPigs Sweep Doubleheader - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.