Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (6:05 p.m.)
August 17, 2019 | 6:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY| Game # 124| Home Game # 62
BUFFALO BISONS (63-60, 2nd, -2.0 North) vs. DURHAM BULLS (68-55, 2nd, -3.5 South)
RHP Brock Stewart (NR) vs LHP Anthony Banda (2-2, 4.67)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons take on the Durham Bulls for game two of a three-game weekend series at Sahlen Field. This will complete Buffalo's six-game homestand after taking two of three from Toledo this week. Following their meeting with Durham, the Herd heads down the I-90 for a four-game series with the Rochester Red Wings.
Last Game: BUF 7, DUR 3
The Bisons started off their series with the Durham Bulls in the win column, as they were able to string together 12 hits throughout the game. Buffalo used five different pitchers to shut down Durham's offense and secure a win. The Herd now sits five games behind the Bulls for the last wild card spot, but only two games behind in the IL North division.
Durham Bulls (2-2)
Buffalo and Durham are meeting for the second time in the 2019 season, the first time at Sahlen Field. The teams met last month, 7/26-7/28, where the Bulls took two out of three games from the Herd. This meeting will complete their cross-division season series.
RHP Brock Stewart will be making his Bisons' debut on the hill tonight. The 27-year-old was claimed off of waivers by Toronto on 7/31 and has thrown twice for the Blue Jays. Stewart is 2-0 for the big club, tossing 9.1 IP with six strike outs. The righty's first win in the organization came in a four-inning relief appearance at Tampa Bay on 8/7.
OF Socrates Brito was a main source of the Buffalo offense yesterday, as he finished 2-5 on the night as well as driving in two runs. He hit a double and a triple and came around to scored two times during the game. This now brings his hit streak to nine games where he is 11-38 (.289).
OF Anthony Alford also continued his hit streak in last night's game, going 1-3 at the plate with a double and a run scored. His hit streak stands at nine games where he is 13-37 (.351), including seven since coming off of the Injured List.
Bisons reliever Zach Jackson earned his ninth win of the season last night, and he brought his ERA to 3.98 on the year. His nine wins on the year puts him in a four way tie for the league leader in wins for a pitcher. Only three Bisons pitchers in the past ten seasons have reached double-didget wins, as Jackson will look to join that list by the end of the year.
Toronto (52-72) beat the visiting Seattle Mariners in yesterday's matchup and set a new franchise record for
back-to-back home runs with their 12th this season as Vlad Guerrero Jr. and Randal Grichuk both hit homers. Game two is set for today with a 3:07 p.m. first pitch from Toronto.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2019
- RailRiders grab multiple leads in extra innings, fall to Stripers in 11 innings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Split Twin Bill with Clippers - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Sweep Saturday Doubleheader against Norfolk - Syracuse Mets
- Stripers Edge Scranton in Extras on Blanco's Walk-Off Walk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toledo Tops Pawtucket on Rainy Saturday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Fall in Extras, 2-1, Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Home Runs Propel Mud Hens to Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs match season-best four wins in a row - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Ramirez Strong But 'Pigs Top Indians, 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Win Pitchers' Duel in Extras, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Burns Homers Twice as Bisons Win Again, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-63) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (59-63) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Rochester Red Wings (62-61) at Louisville Bats (52-71) - Louisville Bats
- Heller Rejoins RailRiders on MLB Rehab Assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Wings Back Monday for Four Straight First Ever Food Week - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs Take Two in Indianapolis - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Tribe Fall Flat as IronPigs Sweep Doubleheader - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Anthony Sprague: "We Miss You, Bisons Fans."
- Buffalo Bisons Will Not Play in 2020 as Minor League Baseball Seasons Are Canceled
- Malacaro Joins Blue Jays Minor League Announcers in 'Around the Nest'
- Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation Donates $20,000 to City of Buffalo's COVID-19 Initiatives
- Mayor Byron Brown Thanks the Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation for Supporting Community During COVID-19 Crisis