Game Notes: Rochester Red Wings (62-61) at Louisville Bats (52-71)
Game 124, Home 62
Rochester Red Wings (62-61) at Louisville Bats (52-71)
RHP Tejay Antone (2-7, 6.10) vs. RHP Adam Bray (1-1, 3.60)
7:00 PM | Saturday, August 17, 2019 | Louisville Slugger Field
LISTEN: Nick Curran & Jim Kelch, 790 KRD; iHeartRadio.com; iHeart app
TONIGHT'S GAME: The Bats and Red Wings square off in the middle game of a three-game series at Louisville Slugger Field. Last night, Rochester evened the season series at 2 games apiece after winning the opener by a 5-2 score. Louisville will try to snap a 2-game losing streak after winning 5 of 6 beforehand, with right-hander Tejay Antone slated to make the start.
AGAINST ROCHESTER: Rochester played at Louisville for the first time last night, the final IL club to visit LSF for the first time this season. The Bats came into the current series having won each of their 3 most recent series against the Red Wings, the first time LOU had done that since winning 3 straight series against Charlotte from July 25-August 31, 2016, going 8-1 in 9 games against the Knights.
TRANSACTIONS: Today the Reds recalled RHP R.J. Alaniz and optioned to Louisville RHP Matt Bowman. In 25 apps with the Bats this season, Alaniz is 1-2 with 4 saves and a 2.93 ERA (9er/27.2ip), allowing 25 hits, 11 runs, walking 11 and striking out 31. He was claimed off waivers by Cincinnati from the Seattle Mariners and assigned to LOU on May 31.
TRENDING UP: In 34 games since the All-Star break, the Bats own a 19-15 record and +22 run differential, both of which rank best in their division. Louisville is 5-3 over its last 8 games.
IL West in the Second Half
Club W-L Pct. R/RA Diff.
LOUISVILLE 19-15 .559 165/143 +22
Indianapolis 16-19 .457 155/188 -33
Toledo 15-19 .441 184/179 +5
Columbus 15-19 .441 161/180 -19
ASTOUND ON THE MOUND: Louisville's pitching staff has been among the best in the International League over the last month and a half. Since July 1, the Bats own the second-best ERA (3.81) in the IL.
Lowest Earned Run Average (Since July 1)
Gwinnett 3.79 150er/356.0ip
LOUISVILLE 3.81 154er/363.2ip
Syracuse 4.25 165er/349.1ip
600 RUNS: The Bats come into play tonight with 599 runs as a club this season, one shy of reaching the 600-run mark for the first time since 2011. Last season, Louisville scored 576 runs in 137 games, averaging 4.2 runs/game. This season, LOU has averaged 4.9 runs/game, scoring 599 times in 123 games.
R2: Outfielder Rob Refsnyder was one of 4 Bats to register a hit last night, continuing his recent hot streak. In his last 6 games, Refsnyder is batting .435 (10-for-23) with 2 doubles, one home run and 3 RBI. On the season, he's batting .321 (87-for-271) with 41 runs, 20 doubles, 2 triples, 10 homers, 43 RBI and 29 walks.
SINGLES ONLY: Louisville's offense failed to record an extra-base hit last night, notching 4 singles in the 5-2 loss. It's just the fourth time this season that LOU has not registered an extra-base hit, falling to 0-4 in those games. With last season included, the Bats are 1-11 when failing to record an extra-base hit, with the lone win coming on July 29, 2018 vs. Rochester, with LOU winning 3-2.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2019
- RailRiders grab multiple leads in extra innings, fall to Stripers in 11 innings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Split Twin Bill with Clippers - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Sweep Saturday Doubleheader against Norfolk - Syracuse Mets
- Stripers Edge Scranton in Extras on Blanco's Walk-Off Walk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toledo Tops Pawtucket on Rainy Saturday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Fall in Extras, 2-1, Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Home Runs Propel Mud Hens to Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs match season-best four wins in a row - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Ramirez Strong But 'Pigs Top Indians, 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Win Pitchers' Duel in Extras, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Burns Homers Twice as Bisons Win Again, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-63) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (59-63) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Rochester Red Wings (62-61) at Louisville Bats (52-71) - Louisville Bats
- Heller Rejoins RailRiders on MLB Rehab Assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Wings Back Monday for Four Straight First Ever Food Week - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs Take Two in Indianapolis - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Tribe Fall Flat as IronPigs Sweep Doubleheader - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.