IronPigs match season-best four wins in a row
(Indianapolis, IN) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (60-63) are starting to play their best baseball when it batters most as they've won four straight games. They defeated the Indianapolis Indians (60-64) by a score of 3-2 behind Ramon Rosso's (2-2) stellar start.
Phil Gosselin extended his hitting streak to seven games by hitting a two-run single against Yefry Ramirez (2-5) in the top of the second inning. The IronPigs would take a 2-0 lead. Indianapolis would get a run against Rosso in the bottom of the fourth inning as Francisco Cervelli scored on an RBI groundout by Jake Elmore.
The IronPigs grabbed a 3-1 lead in the top of the ninth inning as Austin Listi scored on a bases-loaded walk issued by Sean Keselica. Gosselin would bring in his third RBI of the game.
Rosso struck out eight batters over six innings while only giving up two hits and allowing just one run. He did not issue a walk. Tyler Gilbert pitched two scoreless innings in relief of Rosso before Edgar Garcia pitched the bottom of the ninth inning. Garcia earned his eighth save of the season, despite giving up a home run to Cervelli.
Former IronPigs relief pitcher Yacksel Rios tossed two scoreless innings in relief for the Indians.
The IronPigs play for their season-best five wins in a row tomorrow afternoon against the Indians. The Pigs will also play for a series sweep. First pitch is scheduled for 1:35 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 17, 2019
- RailRiders grab multiple leads in extra innings, fall to Stripers in 11 innings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Split Twin Bill with Clippers - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Sweep Saturday Doubleheader against Norfolk - Syracuse Mets
- Stripers Edge Scranton in Extras on Blanco's Walk-Off Walk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toledo Tops Pawtucket on Rainy Saturday Night - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Fall in Extras, 2-1, Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Home Runs Propel Mud Hens to Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs match season-best four wins in a row - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Ramirez Strong But 'Pigs Top Indians, 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Win Pitchers' Duel in Extras, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Burns Homers Twice as Bisons Win Again, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-63) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (59-63) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Rochester Red Wings (62-61) at Louisville Bats (52-71) - Louisville Bats
- Heller Rejoins RailRiders on MLB Rehab Assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Wings Back Monday for Four Straight First Ever Food Week - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs Take Two in Indianapolis - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Tribe Fall Flat as IronPigs Sweep Doubleheader - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6
- IronPigs Release Full Promotional Calendar for the 2020 Season
- 2020 Bobblehead Lineup, Jersey Auction Dates Announced