Thunder Weekly, November 22
WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita faced the Tulsa Oilers last weekend for the first time this season. Get caught up on the team with this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Friday, November 19
Wichita at Tulsa, 4-3 W (SO)
Saturday, November 20
Tulsa at Wichita, 5-1 W
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Wednesday, November 24
Rapid City at Wichita, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, November 26
Tulsa at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., Teddy Bear Toss Night, presented by Hajoca and Heartland Credit Union.
Saturday, November 27
Rapid City at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., Pirates and Princesses Night, presented by Happily Ever After Parties.
Sunday, November 28
Rapid City at Wichita, 4:05 p.m., Machinists Union Local Lodge 839 Community Night.
**All games can be heard on Mixlr by searching The Sin Bin or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:30 p.m. for home games and 6:40 p.m. for road games. For Sunday home games, the show starts at 3:30 p.m. and 30 minutes before puck drop on the road. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 5-5-0-0
Rank: T-4th, Western Conference, 12 points
Goals: Peter Crinella, 6
Assists: Cam Clarke, 9
Points: Matteo Gennaro, Jay Dickman, 11
+/-: Carter Johnson, Nick Minerva, +6
PIM: Sean Allen, 52
WORKHORSE - Evan Buitenhuis continues to be a workhorse for the Thunder. He has started every game so far this season for the Thunder and went 2-0-0 this past week. He pushed his goals-against down to 2.36 and his save percentage to .927. Buitenhuis is first in minutes played (661), tied for first in wins (6) and first in saves (328).
TEAM LEAD - Jay Dickman and Matteo Gennaro pulled into a first-place tie for the team-lead in points with 11. Dickman has a four-game scoring streak, netting two goals and four assists in that span. Gennaro recorded two goals on Saturday, which is his first multi-goal game of the season.
HEY ROOK - Carter Johnson has been a steady addition to the Thunder lineup. He has extended his scoring streak to four games, netting three goals and four assists over that span. The rookie from Miami (OH) is tied for ninth in rookie scoring with nine points (5g, 4a).
SWIFT SWEDE - Tim Soderlund recorded his first goal in a Thunder uniform on Saturday night. He also added two helpers, helping him earn first star honors of the game. The Swedish forward has five points (1g, 4a) in five games so far this season.
FIRST TIMER - Christian Hausinger recorded his first goal as a pro on Saturday night. The rookie defenseman has two points since joining the Thunder. He turned pro this year after completing a four-year collegiate career at the University of Wisconsin at River Falls (NCAA DIII).
SPECIAL - The Thunder penalty kill has been solid over the last three games. Wichita has killed off 13-straight penalties and held Tulsa to an 0-for-9 mark over the weekend. Wichita is fifth at home on the kill (92.3%), third on the road (87.5%) and first in the league (90%).
THUNDERBOLTS... Cam Clarke is tied for first with two shorthanded assists...Nick Minerva recorded his first career two-goal game on Friday...Carter Johnson is second in shooting percentage (45.5%)...Sean Allen is third in penalty minutes with 52, tied for second in majors with four...Wichita is fourth in the league in penalty minutes per game (18.18)
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 22, 2021
- ECHL Transactions - November 22 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Fuel Sign Forward Keegan Iverson - Indy Fuel
- Garreffa Loaned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers Acquire Goalie Stefanos Lekkas from Orlando - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Signs Defenseman Sorensen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Remain in First Place - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Weekly, November 22 - Wichita Thunder
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears to Host Women in Hockey Night on Saturday, November 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Catching up with Former Rush Captain, Winston Day Chief - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads Weekly - November 22, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Weekly Roundup: Four-Game Week up Next for Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Visit Jacksonville for Three Games this Week - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Weekly: K-Wings Try to Climb Division Ladder - Kalamazoo Wings
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 5: November 22, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Thunder Unveils 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Crinella Called up to Springfield; Rodrgiue Reassigned to Bakersfield
- NHL Exhibition Game Coming to INTRUST Bank Arena
- Thunder Announces 2021-22 End of Season Team Awards
- Thunder Ends Season with 4-1 Loss vs. Kansas City