Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5
INDY FUEL WEEK 5 RESULTS: 2-1-0-0, 4-7-0-1 Overall
Wednesday, November 17 - Fuel 1 vs Fort Wayne 0:
In the first meeting of the two teams, the Indy Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday night. Scoring an early goal in the first period, the Fuel would hold on for the remainder of the game to win 1-0.
Friday, November 19 - Fuel 5 vs Wheeling 2:
In the second meeting of the season, the Fuel hosted the Wheeling Nailers on Friday. After trading goals in the first period, the Fuel would eventually total five goals to earn back-to-back wins for the first time this season.
Saturday, November 20 - Fuel 3 vs Kalamazoo 5
In their third and final home game of the week, the Indy Fuel hosted the Kalamazoo Wings on Saturday night. After scoring four straight goals in the first and second period, the Wings would hold off the Fuel to take the 5-3 win at Indiana Farmers Coliseum.
INDY FUEL WEEK 6 SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, November 24 - Fuel at Wheeling (7:10 p.m. ET, WesBanco Arena)
Friday, November 26 - Fuel at Toledo (7:15 p.m. ET, Huntington Center)
Saturday, November 27 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (7:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Playing all three of their games at home in Week 5, the Fuel earned their first back-to-back wins this season on Wednesday and Friday. Second-year goaltender Cale Morris played both games and earned his first professional shutout in Wednesday's win over the Fort Wayne Komets.
During their three-game homestand, the Fuel outscored their opponents 9-7. AHL-contracted players combined for five of the goals as well as two assists and a shutout from Cale Morris. Indy has seen massive contributions from their Rockford players this season. Chad Yetman currently leads the team in points (4g, 9a) and Cliff Watson leads all Fuel defensemen in goals (4).
Cedric Lacroix is riding a three-game point streak
Spencer Watson has four points in his last five games (2g, 2a)
Chad Yetman is one of five Blackhawks prospects currently averaging a point or more per game
The other four include Taige Harding, Jalen Luypen, Colton Dach and Lukas Reichel
With two assists on Saturday, Jared Thomas picked up his first points since November 9
Mike Lee has three assists in his last two games
Lee is second among ECHL defensemen in assists
Cliff Watson currently has four goals and an assist in his last four games
Brent Gates has tallied four goals and an assist in his last four games
Cale Morris earned his first professional shutout on Wednesday night
Morris has earned wins in his last two starts
The Fuel are 7th in the ECHL in average penalty minutes (16.08 per game)
Through their first 12 games, the Fuel are 3-3-0-0 at home and 1-4-0-1 on the road
Indy is 3-3-0-1 when scoring the first goal of the game
The Fuel power play is 18th in the ECHL at 16.7%
The penalty kill is 25th at 76.4%
Entering week 5, the Fuel have the 5th highest goals against per game in the league (3.67)
The Fuel are 3-0-0-0 when leading after the first period but are 1-4-0-0 when trailing after the first
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel's 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2021-22 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #FuelTheFire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 22, 2021
- ECHL Transactions - November 22 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Fuel Sign Forward Keegan Iverson - Indy Fuel
- Garreffa Loaned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers Acquire Goalie Stefanos Lekkas from Orlando - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Signs Defenseman Sorensen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Remain in First Place - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Weekly, November 22 - Wichita Thunder
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears to Host Women in Hockey Night on Saturday, November 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Catching up with Former Rush Captain, Winston Day Chief - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads Weekly - November 22, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 - Indy Fuel
- Weekly Roundup: Four-Game Week up Next for Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Visit Jacksonville for Three Games this Week - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Weekly: K-Wings Try to Climb Division Ladder - Kalamazoo Wings
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 5: November 22, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.