Thunder Heads to Black Hills to Face Rapid City
Rapid City, SD (Feb. 8th) - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, heads on the road for the next two games starting tonight in the Black Hills to face the Rapid City Rush.
The Thunder are looking to get back in the win column this evening after suffering a 2-0 setback on Tuesday night to the Allen Americans. Rapid City is coming off a 2-1 shootout win in Fort Wayne.
Wichita currently in fifth place in the Mountain Division with 46 points, just three ahead of the Rush, who are in sixth with 43 points. Kansas City leads the Thunder by one point for fourth place.
The Thunder are coming down the stretch of their heavy Mountain Division schedule. Wichita plays its next four games against divisional opponents and will face just its fourth team outside the Mountain on Saturday, February 16th when the Indy Fuel comes to visit.
Pierre-Luc Mercier leads the Rush with 31 points (10g, 21a). Shaq Merasty is second with 21 points (9g, 12a). Steven Iacobellis leads the Thunder with 47 points (15g, 32a). Ralph Cuddemi is second with 35 points (18g, 17a).
THUNDERBOLTS... Keoni Texeira is first in power play assists (20) and tied for first in power play points (21)...Stuart Skinner is tied for the league lead in shootout wins (3)...Ralph Cuddemi is tied for the league-lead with 11 power play goals...Steven Iacobellis is eighth in the league and second among rookies with 47 points (15g, 31a)...Wichita is third on the power play (21.6%)...Wichita is 11-4-3-1 when leading after one...Wichita is 11-2-1-2 when leading after two...Wichita is 9-4-5-3 in one-goal games...
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2019
- Rally Comes up Short in Loss at Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 4-3 to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- McDonald Stops 33 Shots in 2-0 Shutout Victory against Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fitze, Tammela Score in 2-1 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Hang on to Complete Two-Game Sweep over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Set Records in Dominant Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- SC Earns Point from OT Loss in Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Set New Franchise Record in 2-1 OT Win, Improving Historic Point Streak to 12 Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thomas Pushes Scoring Streak to Eight as K-Wings Top Fuel 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reichenbach's 45 Saves Propels Norfolk Past Reading 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Throw Reversal on Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Even Three-Game Set with 3-1 Win over Everblades - Adirondack Thunder
- Three Third Period Power Play Goals Pace Railers to 3-2 Comeback Win over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Rough First Period Buries Mariners against Cyclones - Maine Mariners
- Luukko Scores Twice, Royals Drop, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Overtime Trips up Nailers in Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Shatter the Komets in a Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Booth Reassigned to Charlotte by Carolina - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Royals at Admirals, February 8, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Heads to Black Hills to Face Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot, February 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Everblades Battle Thunder, Shoot for Eighth Straight Home Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Receive Trevor Yates After AHL Trade - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Maine Mariners - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Wings and Fuel Square off in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Finish Back-To-Back Before Huge Home Weekend - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.