Thomas Pushes Scoring Streak to Eight as K-Wings Top Fuel 4-2
Indianapolis, IN. - A third period tally from Kyle Thomas put the K-Wings ahead for good on Friday night as Kalamazoo claimed their fifth straight victory, topping Indy 4-2.
Kyle Thomas extended his scoring streak to an ECHL-high eight games. Brendan Bradley notched a two-point game, giving the forward points in each of his last five games, and goals in his last four. Michael Neal scored for the second straight night, with both goals coming against his former team. Jake Hildebrand won his career-high seventh consecutive start. Kalamazoo now sits in third place in the Central Division with 50 points.
It took less than a minute for former Fuel captain Michael Neal to feel back at home at Indiana Farmer's Coliseum. The K-Wing forward netted his second goal of the season only 0:31 into the opening frame, giving the K-Wings a 1-0 lead. Reid Gardiner connected with Neal in the high slot before Neal snapped a shot into the top corner. Four minutes later the Indy power play struck to even the game. Josh Shalla wristed a shot from the right point past Jake Hildebrand to even the score at 1-1.
Brendan Bradley struck for the third straight game in the second period, pushing the Kalamazoo lead to 2-1 after 40 minutes of play. Kyle Blaney put a pass in the perfect spot for Bradley as he one-timed the puck past Tomkins for his fourth goal of the season.
Indy tied the game once again in the third period as Matthew Thompson put a back-hand past Hildebrand, knotting the game at 2-2. Five minutes later Kyle Thomas struck for the eighth straight game, putting the K-Wings back in front. Thomas wristed the puck low to the blocker side, putting the K-Wings up 3-2 with just under five minutes left to play. Reid Gardiner would tack on the empty netter in the last minute of play to give the K-Wings their fifth straight victory, 4-2.
Jake Hildebrand, winning his seventh straight start, stopped 27 of 29 shots faced.
Kalamazoo is back in action tomorrow night taking on the Kansas City Mavericks for the first time this season. Puck drop is set for 8:35pm ET.
Kalamazoo Wings single game and half season tickets are available now! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2019
- Rally Comes up Short in Loss at Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 4-3 to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- McDonald Stops 33 Shots in 2-0 Shutout Victory against Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fitze, Tammela Score in 2-1 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Hang on to Complete Two-Game Sweep over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Set Records in Dominant Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- SC Earns Point from OT Loss in Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Set New Franchise Record in 2-1 OT Win, Improving Historic Point Streak to 12 Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thomas Pushes Scoring Streak to Eight as K-Wings Top Fuel 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reichenbach's 45 Saves Propels Norfolk Past Reading 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Throw Reversal on Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Even Three-Game Set with 3-1 Win over Everblades - Adirondack Thunder
- Three Third Period Power Play Goals Pace Railers to 3-2 Comeback Win over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Rough First Period Buries Mariners against Cyclones - Maine Mariners
- Luukko Scores Twice, Royals Drop, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Overtime Trips up Nailers in Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Shatter the Komets in a Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Booth Reassigned to Charlotte by Carolina - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Royals at Admirals, February 8, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Heads to Black Hills to Face Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot, February 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Everblades Battle Thunder, Shoot for Eighth Straight Home Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Receive Trevor Yates After AHL Trade - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Maine Mariners - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Wings and Fuel Square off in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Finish Back-To-Back Before Huge Home Weekend - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.