Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Jacksonville Icemen
VENUE: ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
80s Night - Make sure to stock up on the hairspray and wear your favorite 80s threads! The best 80s outfit will be going home with a gnarly Solar Bears prize pack.
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (23-18-3-0) square off for the second time this week against the Jacksonville Icemen (24-20-1-2). Orlando owns a 5-2-0-0 record against Jacksonville this season. The Solar Bears have won their last two games on home ice dating back to Jan. 6, a 4-1 win against South Carolina. Orlando is a lifetime 7-0-0-0 on home ice against Jacksonville.
WE MEET AGAIN: The Solar Bears will play the second of four total games against the Icemen in the month of February tonight. Wednesday's contest featured the fewest penalties in a head-to-head match with Jacksonville this season, as Orlando was only assessed one penalty in the match, while Jacksonville took two infractions. The Solar Bears previously scored a season-high seven goals against Jacksonville on Nov. 6 in a 7-4 victory.
TAMMELA CONTINUES TO LIGHT THE LAMP AGAINST THE ICEMEN: Forward Jonne Tammela's goal on Wednesday was his fifth of the season against Jacksonville. The forward also notably recorded a hat trick against the Icemen on Dec. 27 in Orlando's 4-3 win at Veterans Memorial Arena.
MCAULEY BUILDING ON POINT STREAK: With his assist on Tammela's goal on Wednesday, forward Colby McAuley was able to push his point streak to eight games (3g-8a), the longest point streak by a Solar Bears player this season. McAuley now has the opportunity to set his sights on the franchise record of 13 games, shared by Greg Miller (11g-11a; Nov. 8-30, 2014) and Denver Manderson (7g-13a; Nov. 11-Dec. 5, 2014).
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears hit the road to battle the Icemen tomorrow, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Arena. Orlando's next home game is Single & Mingle Night against the Icemen on Friday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for the game.
Fighting Four Packs presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2019
- Rally Comes up Short in Loss at Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 4-3 to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- McDonald Stops 33 Shots in 2-0 Shutout Victory against Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fitze, Tammela Score in 2-1 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Hang on to Complete Two-Game Sweep over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Set Records in Dominant Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- SC Earns Point from OT Loss in Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Set New Franchise Record in 2-1 OT Win, Improving Historic Point Streak to 12 Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thomas Pushes Scoring Streak to Eight as K-Wings Top Fuel 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reichenbach's 45 Saves Propels Norfolk Past Reading 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Throw Reversal on Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Even Three-Game Set with 3-1 Win over Everblades - Adirondack Thunder
- Three Third Period Power Play Goals Pace Railers to 3-2 Comeback Win over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Rough First Period Buries Mariners against Cyclones - Maine Mariners
- Luukko Scores Twice, Royals Drop, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Overtime Trips up Nailers in Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Shatter the Komets in a Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Booth Reassigned to Charlotte by Carolina - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Royals at Admirals, February 8, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Heads to Black Hills to Face Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot, February 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Everblades Battle Thunder, Shoot for Eighth Straight Home Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Receive Trevor Yates After AHL Trade - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Maine Mariners - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Wings and Fuel Square off in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Finish Back-To-Back Before Huge Home Weekend - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Part Ways with Assistant Coach Marc LeFebvre
- Hunter Fejes Joins Hershey Bears for Calder Cup Playoffs Run
- 2018-19 Season Ends with 2-1 Double-OT Loss to Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades
- Solar Bears Shut out by Everblades in Game 4