Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Jacksonville Icemen
VENUE: ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
80s Night - Make sure to stock up on the hairspray and wear your favorite 80s threads! The best 80s outfit will be going home with a gnarly Solar Bears prize pack.
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (23-18-3-0) square off for the second time this week against the Jacksonville Icemen (24-20-1-2). Orlando owns a 5-2-0-0 record against Jacksonville this season. The Solar Bears have won their last two games on home ice dating back to Jan. 6, a 4-1 win against South Carolina. Orlando is a lifetime 7-0-0-0 on home ice against Jacksonville.
WE MEET AGAIN: The Solar Bears will play the second of four total games against the Icemen in the month of February tonight. Wednesday's contest featured the fewest penalties in a head-to-head match with Jacksonville this season, as Orlando was only assessed one penalty in the match, while Jacksonville took two infractions. The Solar Bears previously scored a season-high seven goals against Jacksonville on Nov. 6 in a 7-4 victory.
TAMMELA CONTINUES TO LIGHT THE LAMP AGAINST THE ICEMEN: Forward Jonne Tammela's goal on Wednesday was his fifth of the season against Jacksonville. The forward also notably recorded a hat trick against the Icemen on Dec. 27 in Orlando's 4-3 win at Veterans Memorial Arena.
MCAULEY BUILDING ON POINT STREAK: With his assist on Tammela's goal on Wednesday, forward Colby McAuley was able to push his point streak to eight games (3g-8a), the longest point streak by a Solar Bears player this season. McAuley now has the opportunity to set his sights on the franchise record of 13 games, shared by Greg Miller (11g-11a; Nov. 8-30, 2014) and Denver Manderson (7g-13a; Nov. 11-Dec. 5, 2014).
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears hit the road to battle the Icemen tomorrow, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Arena. Orlando's next home game is Single & Mingle Night against the Icemen on Friday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for the game.
Fighting Four Packs presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2019
- Rally Comes up Short in Loss at Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 4-3 to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- McDonald Stops 33 Shots in 2-0 Shutout Victory against Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fitze, Tammela Score in 2-1 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Hang on to Complete Two-Game Sweep over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Set Records in Dominant Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- SC Earns Point from OT Loss in Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Set New Franchise Record in 2-1 OT Win, Improving Historic Point Streak to 12 Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thomas Pushes Scoring Streak to Eight as K-Wings Top Fuel 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reichenbach's 45 Saves Propels Norfolk Past Reading 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Throw Reversal on Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Even Three-Game Set with 3-1 Win over Everblades - Adirondack Thunder
- Three Third Period Power Play Goals Pace Railers to 3-2 Comeback Win over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Rough First Period Buries Mariners against Cyclones - Maine Mariners
- Luukko Scores Twice, Royals Drop, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Overtime Trips up Nailers in Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Shatter the Komets in a Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Booth Reassigned to Charlotte by Carolina - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Royals at Admirals, February 8, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Heads to Black Hills to Face Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot, February 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Everblades Battle Thunder, Shoot for Eighth Straight Home Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Receive Trevor Yates After AHL Trade - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Maine Mariners - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Wings and Fuel Square off in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Finish Back-To-Back Before Huge Home Weekend - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.