Nailers Receive Trevor Yates After AHL Trade
WHEELING, WV - The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced a transaction, which takes effect immediately. The Nailers have received forward Trevor Yates from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, who acquired him in a trade with the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Yates, 23, first broke into the pros at the end of last season, when he registered one assist in two games with Grand Rapids. Last summer, Trevor signed an AHL contract with the Griffins, and proceeded to appear in two games with them, while spending the majority of his rookie campaign with the Toledo Walleye. The Beaconsfield, Quebec native collected two goals, five assists, and seven points in 27 games with the Walleye, scoring both of his goals against Central Division opponents. Prior to turning pro, Yates attended Cornell University for four years, tallying 32 goals, 33 assists, and 65 points in 120 games. Trevor was teammates with current Nailer Alex Rauter at Cornell, in addition to former Nailers John McCarron and Christian Hilbrich.
This is the second transaction of the week for the Nailers that involves Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, as goaltender John Muse was reassigned to the Penguins prior to their game in Rockford on Wednesday night.
The Nailers visit New England this weekend for games against Manchester, Worcester, and Maine on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Wheeling will then play three straight games at home, starting with a 7:05 match against Reading on Wednesday, February 13th. The next big promotional night is Country Roads, featuring a Mason Jar Giveaway to the first 2,000 fans on February 16th. All tickets for that game are just $12. The Wheeling Nailers, considered one of the top things to do in Wheeling, West Virginia, provide affordable family entertainment for fans throughout the Ohio Valley. For information on season tickets, group tickets, flex plans, and more, call (304) 234-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2019
- Rally Comes up Short in Loss at Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Press Late, Fall 4-3 to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- McDonald Stops 33 Shots in 2-0 Shutout Victory against Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fitze, Tammela Score in 2-1 Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Hang on to Complete Two-Game Sweep over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Set Records in Dominant Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- SC Earns Point from OT Loss in Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Set New Franchise Record in 2-1 OT Win, Improving Historic Point Streak to 12 Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thomas Pushes Scoring Streak to Eight as K-Wings Top Fuel 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reichenbach's 45 Saves Propels Norfolk Past Reading 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Railers Throw Reversal on Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers in Overtime, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Even Three-Game Set with 3-1 Win over Everblades - Adirondack Thunder
- Three Third Period Power Play Goals Pace Railers to 3-2 Comeback Win over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Rough First Period Buries Mariners against Cyclones - Maine Mariners
- Luukko Scores Twice, Royals Drop, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Overtime Trips up Nailers in Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Shatter the Komets in a Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Booth Reassigned to Charlotte by Carolina - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Royals at Admirals, February 8, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Heads to Black Hills to Face Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers at Monarchs Game Day Snap Shot, February 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Everblades Battle Thunder, Shoot for Eighth Straight Home Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Receive Trevor Yates After AHL Trade - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Maine Mariners - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Wings and Fuel Square off in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals Finish Back-To-Back Before Huge Home Weekend - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wheeling Nailers Stories
- Nailers Sign Drydn Dow
- Nailers Sign Matt Miller
- Nailers Sign Michael Pelech
- Nailers Announce First Ten Games of 2020-21 Season
- Nailers Sign Kevin Dufour