Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (Dec 10, 2013) - The American Hockey League announced today that Bridgeport Sound Tigers center Ryan Strome has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Dec. 8, 2013.
Strome, who tallied two goals and six assists for eight points along with a plus-6 rating in three games, becomes just the third AHL player in the last 20 years to be named Player of the Week in consecutive weeks (Blake Geoffrion, 2011; Jim Carey, 1994).
On Wednesday night, Strome picked up an assist on the game's only goal as the Sound Tigers edged Adirondack, 1-0. On Friday in Utica, he scored once and added two assists as Bridgeport got past the Comets, 5-3. And back home vs. Hershey on Saturday night, Strome set up three goals before netting an empty-netter to seal the Sound Tigers' 4-2 victory. All told, Strome had a hand in eight of Bridgeport's 10 goals on the week, and assisted on all three game-winning tallies.
Strome, who has 17 points (5g, 12a) and a plus-11 rating during his current nine-game scoring streak, has taken over the AHL lead in assists (24) and points (33) through 23 games played. A first-round draft choice (fifth overall) by the New York Islanders in 2011, the 20-year-old native of Mississauga, Ont., played four junior seasons in the Ontario Hockey League, totaling 105 goals and 190 assists for 295 points in 225 regular-season games with Barrie and Niagara. Strome made his pro debut with Bridgeport at the end of the 2012-13 season, tallying seven points in 10 contests.
In recognition of his achievement, Strome will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Sound Tigers home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2013
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Erik Haula to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- December 13 Is Clinton Comets Night - Utica Comets
- Comets Corner with Pascal Pelletier - Utica Comets
- Surging Sharks Riding a Six Game Point Streak - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall Arron Asham from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Host 9th Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers to Hold Pink Rink Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Recall Simpson - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rockford Takes Three of Four Points in Week 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Christmas Reminders for IceCaps Fans - St. John's IceCaps
- Strome Named AHL/CCM Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Ryan Strome Repeats as CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hardball Cafe Opened up for Individual Ticket Sales for Outdoor Game - Rochester Americans
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Dallas Stars Recall Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- McGinn Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toy Toss Highlights Back-To-Back Bulldogs Home Games This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Open Road Trip With Split - Hershey Bears
- Tim Erixon Recalled by Columbus Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Sound Tigers Eye Third Straight Home Win Tonight
- Bridgeport's four-game unbeaten in regulation streak ends on Monday
- Holmstrom scores twice to help Bridgeport extend its points streak to four games (3-0-1-0)
- St. Denis, Holmstrom each score to help Bridgeport collect a point for the third straight game
- No Love Lost Between Rivals this Weekend